Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Video "Tutorials" aimed at beginners (primarily) by an ASC DP
  • A friend of mine has recently (and in tardy fashion) come to the DSLR party. He is making videos that are sort of tutorials for people interested in cinematography. I say that this is more for beginners as the subjects are pretty basic. This is also a learning experience for him as he has pretty much always worked with a full on crew utilizing the highest end of cameras. I used to work with him a lot back in the 90's. He's a little bit gruff, but he is very talented. And, he is pretty damn funny, but he does ramble a bit...

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • A few more that are crew centric as to duties (also more informal). Grip one is a little weak, but Abel makes an appearance...

• @rockroadpix I forgot the SF part! Somebody told me in the 80's a 1911 .45 ACP was part of his kit. Again, great guy!

• @chaddington - you left out Special Forces Vietnam Vet! And the knife used to be part of the belt buckle... :) He's a little gruff, but a great guy. His Abel Ferrara stories are awesome.

• This is Ken Kelsch ASC, Vietnam vet, and genuine badass. Legend has it he always has knife in his boot. This guy is a trip to work with.

• Nice T-shirt detail, love the rough-n-ready color palette.

• @spacewig @burnetrhoades

I thought we was to the point where we each understand that we don't care for one another's opinions. So why waste the time responding to me?

Long live progressing technology!! And the guy in the video encouraging armatures instead of telling them "you don't have 30 years experience, no need to waste my time making tutorials"

• If you shut your mouth and open your ears to what the guy actually says you'd realize that it's better to have "no comment" by actually not commenting rather than eliminate all doubt that you're part of the confederacy.

• @GMG ...technology, arrogant noobs, they can't tell the difference anyway...that sort of thing.

• Dude, thanks for sharing!

• No comment. Based on the RAW skills topic. I'm sure you can figure out what I mean, technology, learning, easier...that sort of thing.