Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 LCD viewfinder options
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @theshittywizard

was considering the vf-4 as well, but didn't like not being able to remove it quickly enough when shooting to use the GH3 articulating screen for any low or high shots. The Hoodman solution I mentioned is actually working out really well. I've also got the fhughen cage and stuck a piece of rubber on the 501 plate the same height as the bottom of the cage to give that same compression fit.

• The VF-4 is removed in seconds. Twist the knob and slide it out. Quick and easy.

The clearance issue with the GH3 is easily resolved with a $0.30 rubber washer from a home improvement store. It adds the necessary clearance to mount/unmount the VF-4 and also adds some grip to the bottom of the camera.

• Kamerar released an updated version of its viewfinder, the QV-1M, that fits the GH3 and another cameras (fitted ok in my E-M10, looks like will fit too in my GX7). It's the same QV-1 viewfinder, but with a new metallic baseplate that gives some aditional clearance.

I've just received mine, with the rails kit. VERY clear and big image, focusing is a breeze. The magnetic quick release is very good, and very firm (you have to pull it straight and with some force to remove). But at least in my unit, the diopter adjustment has no visible effect - in both extremes the image stay clear (I don't use glasses - but looks like that you could use it with glasses).

• I´ve too just received mine and I agree, it´s awesome.

My problem is now that it wouldn´t work properly together with my Fujinon B4 which has its own mount on the m4/3 adapter as it is quite heavy. The mount gets in the way of the QV's baseplate...bummer, I got it to use it with the B4...

The baseplate then again isn´t really wide enough to be properly centered on my manfrotto 577 QR adapter. Once you tighten it, it´s off center, so Bye bye, Mattebox! Of course you could buy the optional railmount from Kamerar, that´ll center right up, I´m sure.

• @marciok Does the QV 1 M allow the screen to swivel out when you take off the viewfinder?