Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Improving speed in Premiere Pro CS5
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • converting to prores or dnxhd makes it easier for cpu playback i think. But hdd will have harder time to play back clips on those formats. Try it and see. Maybe try and lower resolution on premiere playback window to take some load of cpu and see if it helps

• OIC OK, you have three AVCHD going at once. Only a faster system--mainly the CPU--will fix this problem, if the playback is fine if you untick the little eyelet for two of the three tracks.If you just play one of the tracks, and leave the others "off", and the playback is fine, then it is basically the CPU.

Not all rendering cycles use the GPU, this is a big complicated topic.

• Just picked up a RocketRAID 622 card...

HOLY CRAP!

I was running my 5x 2TB RAID box through one of my mobo's eSATA ports before, choking on 20MB/s. Now with the card, I get 115MB/s! 0.0 Used to be a royal pain doing multicam editing, but now, I can view at least 3 streams simultaneously (1 being 5DtoRGB ProRes 422 HQ!).

Transfers are stupid fast between drives in the box, too. Before they were capped at 20MB/s combined read and write. Now I get 190MB/s combined! Best $45 I ever spent! :D

As far as my PC: i7-2600K, 32GB RAM, GTX 570, bunch of WD Green 2TB drives for photo and video + 2x Crucial M4 SSD for programs (256GB) and cache (64GB).

• I have been using Seagate Baracudas ST3000DM001. I get about 190mbps just straight off the Santa bus on a single drive. Even a copy operation between 2 of them sustained that speed.