Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
14-150mm F3.5-5.8 Di III Tamron m43 zoom lens
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • For same weight as Oly but have VC that is pretty appealing for general travel lens

• Point is, - much lighter, - 1/3 stop faster at wide angle, - possibly better OIS and/or faster AF, - possibly even cheaper.

As always, we'll have to wait for price and test reports to know more...

• I don't see the point. Maybe a year ago when price of Panasonic 14-140mm was high...now always available new for under $600 on ebay.

Now a 12-120mm f4 would really get my attention...

• Looks promising...

• AFC performance? Parfocal lens? Let's wait and see.

• @igorek7

Yep, Tamron superzooms lately have good reputation. I have 18-250mm for Pentax and it is good lens, 18-270mm is better according to feedback.

• Relying on the Tamron 14-150mm filter size, 52mm, that is 10mm smaller than one of the Panasonic lens, the maximum aperture (speed) of the Tamron's lens should decline fast from f/3.5 to 5.8 with the zoom focal length. Nonetheless, it is small and light, and --if its price is right while quality is decent-- the lens might be quiet popular as a "general all purpose zoom".

• Image from DPreview:

tamron.jpg
    800 x 619 - 65K
  • It must be good lens, especially for fast run and gun, and cheaper than Panasonic.

• Circular diaphragm. Nice. This looks good...any idea of price?

EDIT: Almost 1/2 the weight of the Panny 14-140/4-5.8 too. Be interesting to see how well the VC works compared to the OIS.