Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic GH3 Japanese model
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • @LeGo i just updated the firmware to 1.1 with a glimmer of hope it would show the english menu...i knew i was clinging on a straw and it's still all in japanese so i hope Vitaly will sort this out with his hack that we can choose any language and will donate an additional amount for that.

• I made the same mistake. Checked all possibilities. Finally, downloaded the service manual for GH3 and figured that it is not possible to change from Japanese to English in the domestic Japanese models. When the main PCB is replaced, and a certain sequence executed, the option of choosing the model ( region ) is offered ONLY ONCE. It never re-appears thereafter. Decided to make a menu map between English and Japanese...making progress.... :-). Now, if Vitaliy can crack this...I shall kneel on the ground and say 'oomba, oomba' besides making a generous (>$ 100 ) contribution !! FFOr what it is worth drbuckyballs, misery loves company !

• Folks with a Japanese gh3, there is an owner on dpreview who is currently translating the menus and posting the results if you are interested..
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3471390

• Hope the menu is helpful to you.

GH3.pdf
    5M
  • Novicebear: Thanks for your willingness to share. However, we are not able to download the pdf.. Could you find another way ? Thanks

• Many many thanks novicebear! I am able been ambling along with the basic functions of the GH3. This translation will help me to make better use of my Japan-version GH3.

I had no problem downloading the manual. Those who have difficulty downloading the manual from the link novicebear provided can post their email address here and I can email them a copy of the manual that novicebear provided,

• Sorry folks. I hope this link will help. Enjoy! GH3 is really great! And I saved a lot from buying in Japan. :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/3165105932/GH3(JEC).pdf

• Thank you very much novice bear ! May your tribe multiply ! The GH3 is a truly great piece of hardware, not just a great camera...and your generous sharing is a great help to all of us who bought the Japanese version.....

• You are welcome. Though it's a bit annoying at the very beginning, I think it will be alright after you get used to it. By the way, I found that I overlooked the pages on Wi-Fi (It's troublesome because the Advanced User Manual is a mess on this part.) I have tried the remote function using iPhone Apps. It's fantastic. Will share here after I finish the mapping.

• This is for all others in the same ' Japanese GH3' boat ! Using Novicebear's work as the starting point, I am planning to write an Android app that will replicate the Menu tree structure of the GH3. This way it will be possible to run this app on an Android device, be able to touch navigate through the menus and easily access the translations novicebear has provided ( and indicated that he will improve upon). Any suggestions for this app is welcome. Right now in the Spec-ing stage. Plan to add multilingual capability, but have no language translation resources....so translations of novicebear's into other languages (with his permission) are welcome. Any other ideas, please contribute. The app will be free of course....

• Thanks Balak. It will be great if we can have the App for reference. I don't mind if others work on the pdf to make GH3 users (Japanese version) more convenient to use. Actually I don't do the translation myself. I made the mapping by referring to the English, Chinese and Japanese Advanced Menus. It took me 3 days. :( I hate panasonic! hahah

• I have finished the one for Wi-Fi functions. Some menus are quite similar because no matter what you choose to connect via Wi-Fi, the camera will ask you similar choices of settings. I have studied English/Chinese Advanced Menus. Information is cut into pieces. Anyway, I will only use one or two functions via Wi-Fi. So it won't bother me much.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2601735572/GH3(part2).pdf

• @novicebear The translation file seems to have been removed. Could you please upload the latest file. Thanks so much!!!

• anyone here have GH3 or GH4 service manual?