Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 with AVCHD 2.0!
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • The quality can only go up, unlike Canon's HF200 which was worse than the HF100.
  • @stonebat my thoughts exactly
  • Not in my life time or in history that i know of have i seen a company give people what they want and need so i'm not even going to think about it. GH3 ha expect a lot of disappointment as usual.
  • @rains That's a damn fact!
  • As GH13 raised the bar for GH2, GH2S raised the bar for GH3. GH3 might not have the high bitrate intra codec, but I'm sure it will have enough features enticing new customers. A metal body? Higher LCD/EVF resolution? Peaking? Much improved AWB giving fantastic skin color? 1080p60? All modes at 24Mbps or higher bitrate? AGC disabling option? A major advantage of vdslr over camcorder is more rapid progression. Let’s not underestimate the progress. Sony is sorta helping us get more from Panasonic. Go Sony!!!
  • Judging from the rumors about Panny's new weather-sealed pro X lenses, I'd add weather-sealed upgrade for the GH3 on your liste Stonebat, might be a nice feature.
  • @stonebat
    @gabb3r
    @x_worpig_x

One thing that does get a company working is competition, so hopefully because of the A77 it's specs and canons offerings, panasonic will step up to the plate for a home run with the GH3.
  • 2 things i'm very happy about is the Leica involvement and Lumix working with National Geographic, those 2 things up the GH status. A fast zoom would be nice 70-300mm perhaps.
  • Keep dreaming.
    fast 70-300 is impossible.
    There are already Fast Panasonic zooms in the making.
  • I read a rumor somewhere that the GH3 would have a global shutter to eliminate jellocam. That would be very, very nice.
  • @DouglasHorn

Too right!! run & gun, on the move..
  • Global shutter for a m43 sensor would be a major breaktrough. Even if image quality otherwise was exactly the same as on the gh2 it would sell a lot of cameras. Even more so if the full 10 bit from the sensor was used for the captured output.

• I hope that they don't put more megapixel to compete against the nex7. A good 16 with lets say 1 stop better Iso and DR would be much better. A better larger high res viewfinder and back screen with peaking would be nice. less rolling shutter and a metal body, 60p. Most of it would be very nice upgrade. As for the codec I don't see us getting something better than 8 bit 4.2.0 unfortunately to protect the higher end video line. The bitrate can be hacked but unfortunately not the 8 bit and 4.2.0.
  • I think higher MP and smaller sensor have a long way to go. Not that I want it in that way. The trend seems.