Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
FS: Contax Zeiss set
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • "i'm not going to continue the discussion, Samyang is OK, nothing more."

OK, then I'll continue it. I hate to see a good-quality, inexpensive filmmaking tool unfairly criticized in a series of ill-tempered rants. I actually own and use -- professionally! -- several of the cine-modified Samyang ("Walimex VDSLR Pro" here in Europe) lenses, and I've been pleasantly surprised by their performance. Optically, they compare quite well to the Zeiss cine lenses I own, a subjective observation that has been borne out elsewhere in several published tests. Some have faulted the barrel construction; it is strong, high impact plastic, but for me this is a positive since it saves considerable weight. Really, these are great lenses at a very affordable price, and I recommend them to anyone looking to raise their filmmaking technique to a higher level.

• Exactly, you're spot on 'looking to raise their filmmaking technique to a higher level.' They compare, but are not in the same level of quality, but since Samyangs are (primarly) on dSLR's you don't really see their flaws, such as their fugly flares (check them on an Epic for example, same goes for Canon glass btw) horrible coating and color problems.

• @sicovdplas - still available?

• Hi, SICOVDPLAS. Do you still have the lenses for sale? Im very interested in buying them - Im located in Denmark. Please contact me on ...... - Thanks :)

Regards, Tim.