Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • New firmware for 12-35 just for GH3.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/hs12035.html

1. Improved the AF speed with GH3(240fps control)
  • before the GH3 is not hacked, I will not buy them. . . You have not convinced me. . . I think the GH2 has the better sensor for film. . . which I took advantage of the other cool features when the film image not like it?

• He has not replied to several questions when he gets his GH3.

• Do we know if Vitaliy has a Gh3 in his hands yet and what he makes of it and the firmware?

• What's the 12-35 like to focus with for movies? Aka is it electronic focus with delay and play which would be pretty useless for proper movie shooting, or is it responsive and useful?

• First impression GH3. Shot in AVCHD 50i 24p standard settings lens 12-35mm f2.8. iso 200 – nightshots iso 800. Great Oled screen and Evf. Most shots are handheld, power Ois on

• @Arquer053 not entirely -- check out pblooms fs100 comparison and you'll see very different bokeh rendition with the same lenses. Some cameras produce a more video look. Would be curious to see gh2 v gh3 comparisions with the same lens -- maybe I'm just noticing something that isn't there. But curious....

• @driftwood Great Wifi video. Thanks. I got the App update last night and am also very happy with it. A great feature!

• Thank you guys ! I was on iso 200 when filming toward the toys and 800 when filming the street.

• @driftwood. Wow. What a great run through of the wi-fi operation! Thanks for that. Kinda makes me want to get a smart phone or tablet. Haven't seen much use for them, until right now. :-)

• WiFi Overview:-

• @PhilMyself, that footage look excellent. The anterior looked very poor. What ISO did you use?

• I hear war drums ...

• @JDN Bokeh rendition is a lens feature.

• @PhilMyself - amazing job and scenes. And the perfectly matched music is a boon. Thanks.

• @JDN, did you download the video from vimeo? And I never played with fs100 or any sony footage so I can't compare the two.

• @HillTop1 great video. Question, and maybe this is wrong impression, but I find the way that the gh3 renders bokeh (and out of focus generally) is a little closer to the fs100 and generally sony. Did you notice this?

It's a great vid, don't get me wrong... and it may just be vimeo, but curious on your impressions.

• @PhilMyself, that looks amazing. Great job!!

• sorry, I have not the 14-42mm but I have a 20mm, 25mm Nokton, 14-140mm ... etc. .. and all looks great for me !!! and the AF is extrem good

• Is the 14-42 X Lens good enough to use with the GH3 for stills and videos? Around that price range is there any better?

• I got my GH3 today and I can only say, it is a dream

• A better version than previously but Vimeo seems to have encoding problems...

• @EspenB so you say it is mainly the LPF ?

• @endotoxic "Part of having more detail in capture (sensor wise) is having more moire on colors on prossesing."

Nah, I'm not sure this is the reason. Remember the sampling theorem; f < 0,5fs. In any sampling system there must be a anti-alising filter to avoid aliasing as f comes close to 0,5fs. A picture is sampled both in the horizontal and vertical domain (and video in the time dimension as well). The optical low pass filter in front of the sensor is designed to to this, but in order to get optimal sharpnes for most source material there is trade offs...

"THEY COULDNT MAKE BETTER IMAGE WITHOUT INCREASING BIT RATE, SO THEY CHOOSE BETER SENSOR FOR IT."

The chose a sensor and optical filter which is more tuned for details in stills versus an more effective optical low pass filter sutaible to blurr the image enough to avoid the most side effects in video.

• Thanks for the invite but im neither crying or imagining anything? Thanks though.

If you carefully read the text it does not state that you are imagining something.
    As for other part - it is just song and topic title come from famous 25p topic.