Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Camtree Car Camera Mount
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • @HillTop1 I bought it off of amazon. Here's the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011ELM92/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 I dropped a double end stud down in it and attached the magic arm to that. Perfect for the hotshoe mount. Add a case for the whole thing and now I'm up to $420. Filmtools has one for $440 without a case that looks pretty good but not sure how much sturdier it would be. I didn't some tests driving around with a Nikon 50mm AIS lens and it still looks damn good. I figured that would shake around like crazy but it didn't. I'll upload some footage from the new configuration so ya'll can see. If anyone gives a shit! :)

• Post up a video, will like to see the difference.

• Will do. Transcoding footage last night so I'll work on it today after I get back from a few meetings.

• Here's the final version. I had to rig it up in my truck which wasn't ideal since it rides like shit but it's already leaps and bounds beyond the first test in regards to the micro vibration problem. It will most likely be better in a nice riding vehicle. Anyways, here ya go. There's a bout 2 min of post work done just to even up the shots and a tad bit of lifting some levels. Zero Neat Video stuff. Actually don't mind the grain in the night stuff.

• Pretty solid, dude. I did prefer the music in the first clip as it had the Michael Mann vibe... :D

• Rock on! Time for me to put together my on rig. Thanks for all you testing.

• @rockroadpix Yeah, the first one I actually cared a little about. This one was just to see if I could get it rock solid before the return window closed. I'll go around and shoot exteriors and more cut away footage sometime and make the first one more fun, just to see what I can get. This one was boring and I was in a bit of a mood :)

• @rockroadpix Also, yeah, that first music is fucking awesome! :)

• @vicharris - From Drive? Correct?

• @HillTop1 No problem man. I haven't really seen anyone put together something like this and test it out on here. Thought it would be a great option if I could keep it under $400.

• @rockroadpix Truck ya! :) That was what I had in mind for the final test film I do. Might try and throw in some other scenes with fellow actors for the hell of it. I have a full shooting kit here now, might as well!!!!