Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • >Does the code seem clearer than the GH1, or is it a messy effort?

It is assembler :-) So, same as GH1.

Other known functions, for example are : GH2_HDMI_OutputStart, GH2_HDMI_OutputEnd.

• Btw, reversing already started to provide useful info for older cameras.

Here is first interesting part:

It tells us that buffer must be proportional to overall bitrate (it is not equal, as it is hex value).
    revers2.png
    731 x 233 - 10K
  • This is exciting stuff! Out of curiosity how long of a process is reversing and what are the steps after?
  • > how long of a process is reversing

Very long. Almost endless.
    Hundreds and hundreds of hours :-)
  • The code certainly looks better commented this time :)
  • Hopefully you'll find a comment like: "Screw up 24p here" :-)
  • How frequent are the debug strings? Do they occur throughout the code, or are they just in certain sections?
  • >How frequent are the debug strings? Do they occur throughout the code, or are they just in certain sections?

Same as before. Only in few new functions.
  • In my studies, the more comments the code has from the original coders, the more likely it is intended to be used as the basis for other products..
  • ...or just to remind themselves on what each thing does, ahah. =)
  • Well generally you have a number of engineers across a couple of worksites that are working on the same code for a model of camera or you might have snippets of code that are used across multiple models so it's not really to remind themselves what each thing does as it makes stuff more clear for the other people working with it.
  • >In my studies, the more comments the code has from the original coders, the more likely it is intended to be used as the basis for other products..

In this case Panasonic is good, no comments at all. :-)
    Normally all this things are just removed in prudiction using conditional defines.
  • I don't know how big an effort it is, but, for us non-techies, can someone kind of explain what these bits of code might mean, or how they can be translated into useful info?
  • Donated a tiny fraction for the GH2 yesterday. Good luck Vitaliy.
  • yes ...ummm.. errrrr... very interesting news on the arr... buffer bitrate hex anomaly thingy...

Carry on.

*Smiles sheepishly*
  • So what tools do you think you'll need us to write for you? :)
  • @dracore

Are you back? :-)

How about finishing up WinGraph?
    We can also talk about few other things :-)
  • I never left :) But I have been busy with a bunch of other projects.
  • > I never left :) But I have been busy with a bunch of other projects.

Yeah, people must value such a developer.
    How are you with PHP?
  • I made quite good progress in encryption part.
    Hope to have working decryptor in about monday (or, if busy) thuesday.
  • That is fast, isn't? :)

• >I made quite good progress in encryption part.
    Hope to have working decryptor in about monday (or, if busy) thuesday.

Man, Vitaliy, don't forget to eat and drink when working non-stop! :)
  • >How are you with PHP?
    Sorry I'm not a web developer :)
    On a side note... there's no proper way to reply to your post? I had to copy and paste to quote your original msg.
  • > there's no proper way to reply to your post? I had to copy and paste to quote your original msg.

I could add necessary quote functions.
    But having them off helps to keep readability at higher levels.
  • So what new features are you looking for in WinGraph? :)