Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DIY - Led Panel / Reflector Board
  • I couldn't sleep last night .. kept looking at this cheap roll of 300 LED lights I had purchased for about $3 on ebay in an auction. The seller wouldn't sell me multiple units at the same price, so my original idea (which I forget what was) just got put to bed.

I came up with this .. it's a piece of foamcore ($9 locally) and some tinned copper wire.

It's simple series wiring .. runs off 12 volts.

These particurlay LEDS are a little green, as is usual, when I am inclined i might tweak it with a sheet of minu green.

Here is a link to the type of LED strip I used.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC-12V-72W-5M-300Leds-SMD-5050-Cool-White-Flexible-Led-Strip-Light-Waterproof-Led-Ribbon/632409382.html

000.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 36K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • I could onlu seem to attach 1 image in that first post .. js hiccup

The intention is that those who are desiring a larger LED light can run with this idea.

I might look at some more expensive LEDs (~$20 per 300) .. Could easily pack 1200 into the same area. For under $100 .. correct it with minus green .. and diffuse it.

001.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 46K
    002.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 19K
    003.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 22K