Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Science, rules and beliefs
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • generation has now grown up believing that God does not exist, period, the world and the universe as we know it was created by some mistake of an explosion, and science can answer everything. Dangerous ideas built upon one theory after another and not waiting for facts to be established leads to destruction

Humans from days gone by had an appreciation that they were only Human, they had limitations in what they could answer, but ultimately they appreciated the existence of God and his power. I'm not saying that all people bowed the knee and believed in God, but generally people respected at least the idea of God. How far we have fallen, when somebody tries to bring God into the conversation it is immediately discounted as Religious babble, then closely followed by "they don't know what they are talking about anyway..... scoff scoff o how enlightened i am"

I am pretty sure all this does not belong to this topic.

In this topic there is no God, period. Consider this as axiom.

• @soundgh2 It's so funny that you say that, because I remember now that in my Planetary Geology class in astrophysics that the teacher said on the first day that everything we would learn in the class would be invalidated in ten years. And he was right.

@igorek7 I assume you didn't really mean that our universe is only 1 kpc (1,000 parsecs), since you would not even leave our Milky Way galaxy by traveling only 1kpc.

You can assume that, and the math would be important work if you could do it. When I was studying astronomy, the best measurements were one milliarcsecond of parallax. I m.a.s. is of course far short of 1 kpc. Using some very sophisticated measuring techniques, we can extend that outwards a bit. The methods of measurement are laid out in the link I posted, and you can always submit a correction to the Wikipedia. Update the data BEFORE you leave the MWG or we won't get it in time.

stndrdmdl.jpg
    440 x 774 - 243K
  • @Sage is it possible to express the Standard Model formula in words?

• @Psyco: Regarding transformations compatible with the relativity theory: Have a look at this interesting article.

• I am pretty sure all this does not belong to this topic.

In this topic there is no God, period. Consider this as axiom.

LOL…an axiom …really? That would be contradicting the controversial argument(s) earlier in this thread of whether Einstein was basing his theories off religious influence or not. I think most of @Sph1nxster’s argument is appropriate with this discussion.

• @karl Thanks for the input.

From the abstract I think its the old Lorentz transformation in disguise - but I'm not sure. I would have to see the proposed equations and explanation.

"...he requirement of invariance is removed..." would brake a very essential rule - and I don't think thats a good idea in this case (it would mean that there is a special frame of reference, braking relativity of motion).

To read the whole article would be interesting, but I don't have access to this journal - if you can download the article, maybe you can give me a copy (if so, please PM me ;-)

@v10tdi Yes, it is possible but would need several books to pack all the information of the equations into it - thats how you learn/understand the equations.

• When will we return to that "inferior" thinking of respect for a truly amazing creator who has made all things?

Hopefully never.

• The incompleteness theorems have been calculated. I guess this thread can now be closed - http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/756870/proof-of-god-kurt-godel