Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2: MJPEG 100Mbps Low Light 1080p Settings
  • 112 Replies sorted by
  • @eminogrande Flow Motion v2 comes with the non-anamorphic version of my 100Mbps MJPEG patch. You can replace that with the anamorphic 100Mbps MJPEG patch without disturbing any of the AVCHD settings. Using PTool, simply replace all FM2 settings found under the "MJPEG Movie Mode" header with the anamorphic settings, and save a new firmware file to disk.

• @lpowell i loaded fm2.02 via 3.66d ptool. when using manual movie mode/motion jpeg/HD, my gh2 display indicates (at all times, regardless of the number of clips shot) that only 2:39 remains, regardless of what sd card is inserted - 64gb sdxc or 16gb sdhc. ive tried reinstalling the patch and reformatting, etc, to no avail. should i be using an older version of ptools? have you seen this issue before? i like the mjpeg image, but would like accurate remaining time on the camera display. maybe this was mentioned before but i missed something...thx for the help

• @hay When you set the camera to MJPEG HD mode, the clip duration is estimated by the amount of video that can fit into MJPEG's 2GB file size limit. It does not indicate how much space you have left on the SD card until you're down to less than 2GB.

• @lpowell thanks for the explanation. by the way, do you plan to release any new patch settings? i recall reading something was potentially "in the works" in another thread (though perhaps a reference at the time to fm2.02)...

• Could one adjust the distance of the 3D lens to cover more of the sensor?

• @LPowell

Do i just load both firmwares (Flowmotion and the anamorphic hack) into ptool and "load" both versions, than save the new firmware? Is that enough?

"Flow Motion v2 comes with the non-anamorphic version of my 100Mbps MJPEG patch. You can replace that with the anamorphic 100Mbps MJPEG patch without disturbing any of the AVCHD settings. Using PTool, simply replace all FM2 settings found under the "MJPEG Movie Mode" header with the anamorphic settings, and save a new firmware file to disk."

// edit: i just edited the ini file guess it works now. Thanks anyway.

• By the way you can change frame rate of MJPEG mode.

• Today I did tests using Driftwood Cluster X between AVCHD and MJPEG and found out that AVCHD gives me only 8bit footage while MJPEG 16bit with much higher bitrate. One more reason for me to use MJPEG over AVCHD.

• Are you sure @vadimvadimman ? I thought frame rate changes in MJPEG mode weren't true frame rates, they're dropped frames. Also I thought the GH2 didn't have 4:2:2 color vs the GH1 does have 4:2:2 in it's MJPEG, though the GH2 does allow higher resolution.

I've only done one shoot in MJPEG but the lack of spanning and resolution limits kept me from doing more. I do agree that in low light/low iso the MJPEG blacks are much nicer, deeper, vs AVCHD, but in high/iso low light the AVCHD has much less noise/FPN.

• good Day! is there any way or patch that i can play mpeg in my gh1?

• is manual exposure available in VGA mode??

• HI I know it is an old thread but I wondered does this mean it is recording in 422 in MJPEG mode? And also how do I get it to shoot in 25fps instead of 30fps?

Thanks.