Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Collecting for GH3 and FZ200
  • 232 Replies sorted by
  • General contribution made. Thanks for everything.

• Did $50 (transaction ...507660K). I have one question since months: Because of the poor internal mic-preamp I'd like to use a line signal coming from a professional preamp or mixer? Is this a software or a physcial issue? Would it be possible to turn-off the GH3 internal preamp? TY

• @wolval70

In any case signal goes to preamp. With GH2 we did slight tuning of this. But it'll never make audio tract as clear as it could be.

• @duartix "They want to sell more Professional Cameras." and "They want to sell more AF lenses."

Interesting theories. I am however a bit skeptical, since it is dangerous to "hold back" too much if you want to stay at the forefront of something. Maybe in a monopoly situation (or a tech-cult situation) you can do a lot of that, but isn't the competition in this market too fierce?

I think they just did what all software companies do. Given X amount of resources available for a release at date Y, some wishlist features are prioritized and others get ditched.

• $10 from me . . . more after I start fooling around with my GH3 (arrives on Wednesday). Thanks!

• $5 from me to start with (TX ..6632U) Hopefully more once we have a hack for the GH3.

Please do consider that the hack takes care of this stupid 'Japanese Language Only" version and it turns the GH3 into a world camera where English language can be chosen. Mystery to me why Panasonic would do anything like that to their customers. No stock anywhere in AU or in US but plenty of stock in Japan. However, when buying in Japan it comes as a Japanese Language only version. Super annoyed about this and now I'm stuck with a camera that I don't understand and can't use. Happy Hacking!

• $5 from me - GH3 in mail also would like to see LX7 video rate hacks one day.

• @drbuckyballs and @itsjaba guys, it is great thing to support Vitaliy's project. Only please keep in mind for the future that even $5 donation contains PayPal provision, so nearly nothing remains for Vitaliy after PayPal's transaction charge.

With my highest respect for all who are on budget and want to donate, rather do once $10 than twice $5, I just want to mention this for other people who possibly consider donating $5. Let us rather support Vitaliy than PayPal :-)

• @tetakpatak hello tetakpatak, i hear you and thanks for your comments. I agree with you and paypal doesn't need any more money but this project does. However, we only talk about 30 cents of extra fees in this case should someone donate twice. The percentage component fee of paypal remains the same. While the transaction cost is 30 cents, per transaction.

I think it is great what Vitaliy and others are doing. At the same time think about that some of us may be new to this community and don't know much about it yet. All I know is that there is GH2 hack and I don't have a GH2.

So some of us are donating money to someone who they don't know much about, for a purpose they are still learning about, and an outcome that is unknown, should be viewed positively, even if it's only a few dollars.

Also think about it this way, this site appears to have about 3000 visits per month (could be wrong here but some basic research appears to indicate that this number could be correct). If these 3000 people only ever donate $1 per month then this will go a long way to support these projects for a while.

Once I know for sure that there will be a GH3 hack that I would be able to obtain that solves my language issues with the camera then probably the donation levels would increase. For now I view any donation positively, regardless of the amount.

• However, we only talk about 30 cents of extra fees in this case should someone donate twice. The percentage component fee of paypal remains the same. While the transaction cost is 30 cents, per transaction.

Actual values are $4.58 and $9.36.

Also think about it this way, this site appears to have about 3000 visits per month (could be wrong here but some basic research appears to indicate that this number could be correct). If these 3000 people only ever donate $1 per month then this will go a long way to support these projects for a while.

This site has 110000 unique visitors a month. So, you are slightly wrong here.

• Thanks for the reply. Regarding the fees. The discussion was about fees for 1 x $5 or 2 x $5. The percentage value fee is the same (assuming 2.4%) but what paypal takes out on top of that (each time!) is 30 cents per transaction. So if making 2 payments of $5 instead of one payment of $10 you essentially lost 30 cents / given 30 cents extra to paypal.

Wow impressive visitor numbers! Well done! Anyway, back to the topic. Let's keep donating so we can get a GH3 hack soon!

• @drbuckyballs I commented difference between 2x $5 or 1x $10 - who wants to support Vitaliy with 10 bucks should prefer the second option

• I am sorry for my stinginess, i'll donate more in future no doubt

• can Vitaliy hack the gh3 without a firmware upgrade from Panasonic ? Even if Vitaliy have the money (or the gh3 itself) , we dont know when and if Pany publish a new firmware…. Is this true ?

• @toxotis70

You don't neet to worry about GH3 too much. :-)

• I agree. :-)

• too many vague/sly comments being made here! Anything you wish to share?? :)

• I knew the competition from the GH3 "Electricians Bliss" hack would set things in motion ;)

• $10 more from me. I'm kind of in a financial bind and I'm probably not going to buy a GH3 cause I think a hacked GH2 is more than good enough but I think continued support is important. Thanks @Vitaliy_Kiselev and Personal-View community :)

• I had a dream last night I patched my gh3 with a gh2 patch. I was excited and scared at the same time....ha but back on topic =)

• I give 10$ more, and thanks a lot for every things, you change my work. (and break this "Ù≠≤€ù$:ùù$$" of time restriction !) Good work, courage.

• $15 sent. I would just hack for time restriction and nothing else! :D

• Just sent another $20.00

• I'm going to assume good things are happening when seeing this.

VK

You don't neet to worry about GH3 too much. :-)

Driftwood

I agree. :-)

• Another $10 from me (and I should do this more often). Only one question . . . is there any estimate when the first GH3 hack might be available?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions