Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH17 and FCP7 import Questions
  • Sorry if not the right forum, and sorry if it's a stupid question but it's bugging me and searches aren't giving me any answers!!!

Am importing footage into FCP7 from my hacked GH17. Shooting with 100mbps patch, AVCHD 1080p24. When i click on clips in my timeline frame size is 1920 by 1080, 23.98fps, and they fairly consistently have a Data Rate of 13MB/s. However, the timeline setting aspect ratio is always 1080i, and the clips all have a Field Dominance of 'Upper'. This means the footage is interlaced?

Exported .mov of final sequence analyzed with MediaInfo shows the movie has a Bit Rate of 105mbps (variable), 1888 by 1062 aspect, 23.976 fps, and that the Scan type is 'interlaced'.

So.. my questions are...

1) How does the 13.5MB/s data rate in fcp relate to the 105mbps in final .mov? are MB/s and mbps the same units?? is the hack producing high bitrates for me? I appreciate it is variable and depends on footage.. but should be more than 13.5 given my footage? i have pre-hack (GH1) footage that MediaInfo shows as 85mbps in final movie, so am presuming that the 105mbps doesn't mean i am achieving the hack levels.

2) What am i doing wrong at import? Why is my 1080p24 footage seen by FCP as interlaced and exported as such? even though i shoot in progressive, do i need to deinterlace at export form FCP?

Again.. sorry if questions are stupid or not appropriate. am just a completely confused newbie!!

Thanks!