Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
35-100mm F2.8 X lens topic
  • 154 Replies sorted by
  • Looks like there is a 1.3 Version! I guess that the new function doesn't apply to the GH2, but I'm going to try it out. And yes, I was able to burn the 1.2 Version with the GH2 body! http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/dsc/download/fts/dl/hs35100.html

• Correct that version 1.2 DOES NOT work with the GH2. Fingers crossed for 1.3 !

• Has anyone used this lens with the Panasonic GH3? I have read other posts saying that the updated firmware has varying results for different cameras. With some cameras the micro jitters are gone now, with others there is no difference.

My second question is; would the added stabilisation from a shoulder rig or steadicam cancel out the micro jitter? Or will the OIS of the lens even add jitter to perfectly stabilised steadicam footage?

• On my GH4 and 35-100 lens (fw updated to 1.3) can't se any jitters. Micro jitter was the case on earliest fw, even when put on a rock steady tripod.

BTW, I find my copy of 35-100mm F2.8 definitely softer from its smaller brother (12-35mm) both @35mm wide open, same settings. Also the FOV is sligtly smaller. Is that typical, or my lens is just faulty..? See pictures, left is 12-35mm, right 35-100mm.

GX12-35@35mmF2.8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 377K
    GX35-100@35mmF2.8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 333K