Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2/RED Thesis Film
  • Hey all.

I'm shooting my thesis film this fall and am shooting the film on a mix of RED and hacked GH2. We have done several camera tests and after comparing the RED MX, GH2, and super 16, we have decided to shoot with the RED/GH2 combo since they'll cut together so well. My thesis advisors were adamantly against me shooting with DSLRs, let alone the GH2 because A) it wasn't a Canon, and B) they'd never heard of it before. Needless to say, the camera tests made believers out of them. The GH2s are hacked and will utilize the Sedna A hack provided courtesy of Driftwood and Vitaliy. I've been keeping a close eye on the new Apocalypse Now setting, but I'm waiting to see what the INTRA version looks like. I just downloaded the Flat 4 Intra AN tester, but haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.

@driftwood How will AN Intra stack up against Sedna?

I've got the project up on Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1522958550/gutterflower-a-short-film-production

We're looking for as much support as we can get. I think our rewards are pretty kick-butt. We've got hacked GH2s up for grabs as our top reward. If you're in the market for a GH2, then be sure and check out our kickstarter page... you can support our film and walk away with lots of cool stuff, including a hacked GH2. If you mention you're a personal-view member, then we'll throw in an extra Panasonic battery (not a 3rd party knockoff) and a m4/3 nikon adapter as well!!! We've also got other excellent rewards, so please check us out. We really appreciate it!!!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @pinger007 interesting.. Difficulties with the link.

• will be donating to this.