Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Beginners: Basic hacks questions
  • 1012 Replies sorted by
  • Question- Does Mega OIS help the video mode at all in dealing with sensor jello?
    If so, why cant they just make lens that is wide AND FAST(2.0 or below) with Mega OIS?
    Is it just considered "not necessary" to stabilize a fast lens? I understand why that would be for photo user but for video users like me...the sensor jello is a big issue with the whole DSLR thing.
  • QUESTION PHOTO. Hi, is it planned to improve image quality for stills with the gh2's hack?
  • >Hi, is it planned to improve image quality for stills with the gh2's hack?

Not much. May be we'll be able to tune film modes.
  • Can burst photo mode be set to not stop after 1 second with the hack?
  • >Can burst photo mode be set to not stop after 1 second with the hack?

I spend some time on it, but didn't get any result.
    Panasonic logic in burst modes is very complicated.
  • Once you have made the modifications to the firm ware, prior to saving, should the version increment be checked or unchecked?
  • @exilenorth
    Start PTool, open firmware and do not touch Version Increment patch at all.
  • Not getting the expanded bit rates for some reason. I will be working one it. Thank
  • Hi, does the hack will include a waveform monitor and peaking focus? or it is impossible to do it? thanks
  • >does the hack will include a waveform monitor and peaking focus? or it is impossible to do it? thanks

No.
    Theoretically all is possible.
    But having the knowledge and time he have answer will be no.

I suggest you to use good external monitor instead.
  • I have a Euro camera (I think) Setting Output to NTSC and reformatting card and rebooting works fine all settings. But doing the same for PAL crashes on 720p and all manual modes. Should this be the case?
  • How do you download and install the ini settings? Have downloaded several, and changed name to seta.ini, stored in the ptools folder where I have ptools and the original firmware, clicked on button, and it registers as loading, but nothing actually happens to the settings...

I know there must be a thread addressing this issue, but I haven't been able to find it and would sincerely appreciate some assistance.
  • Have downloaded several, and changed name to seta.ini, stored in the ptools folder where I have ptools and the original firmware

How about extracting settings from the zip archive?
    You don't need to rename anything.
  • Ah - got it. Thanks Vitaliy - I wasn't unzipping.
  • First THANKS ViTaliy! Your a GOD!
    Now my stupid NOOB question.

I depend on HDMI monitors for all shooting. If I install the hack, does the HDMI output work AT LEAST as well as it does with out the patch? In short, do I LOOSE basic HDMI output functionality for 1080 @ 24p?

Not knowing for certain this work has kept me from installing the patch.
    signed fradicat!
  • Hi, i know that the 21/9 marker on the lcd is not a priority but still in the hack list. Do you know when this tool will be available?
  • Hi all,

I've spent hours trawling through trying to find a definitive answer to a couple of questions and am still stumped. I'm very interested in being able to record 720/50P at higher bitrates. Am I right in thinking the hack will allow me to do this and if so what are the highest stable bitrates achievable on a good card? Anyone noticed a big difference in quality?

Thanks very much,

P
  • Loaded ptools patch and.after the update the screen menu looks stock is this normal or is there suppose.to be extra menus to.show the new settings?
    Thanks Seth
  • @sethdp There won't be any new menu options unless you enable a patch that adds new menu options (e.g. PAL/NTSC, extra languages etc.)

PTool mostly rewires existing modes (e.g. 24H to a higher bitrate)
  • @Sam_stickland thanks for the answer
  • Looking through the patch i skipped the 30minute removal if i add that and save can i just overwrite the same patch in the camera with just that change?
    Seth
  • No, you need to select all the changes you want.
  • Thanks for th reply. Load everything that i had in.the patch and just add the 30minute removal. And load to camera.
    If going back to stock firmware load the ptools with nothing checked but the increment at 1?
    Thanks
    Seth
  • Some real basic questions from a new member...

Apologies if it's clearly written elsewhere but I'd be very grateful if you could put me straight with these...

Can the GH2 shoot 25fps PAL now?
    Is the HDMI totally clean?
    Would the camera work with an external recorder like the PIX 220 HDMI if I wanted to add radio mics?
    And...most importantly...if I picked up a GH2 off the shelf today would the hack still work on such a new model or have Panasonic disabled it somehow?

Many thanks
    Dan
  • When.changing patches i know to change the file names. But do i need to change the version increment ? Or does that always stay at 1
    Thanks
    Seth
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions