Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Black Magic: Official $1,995 raw cinema camera topic, series 2
  • 1111 Replies sorted by
  • Scubapix showed the new Nauticam underwater housing At SMPTE show:

https://www.facebook.com/scubapix?fref=ts

They are on FB pages, I'll try to share here for who is not on FB:

1077588_631882456831826_1655105879_o.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 250K
    73125_631884110164994_646411631_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 48K
    1014203_631884080164997_1686995614_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 65K
    27307_631884166831655_1157718823_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 67K
    579543_631884086831663_684250689_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 60K
    1001367_631884113498327_1780039460_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 43K
  • @azza_act why wouldnt they. they would have to deal with another rant thread from me if they didn't lol. I will be checking first thing tomorrow morning =)

i think its a good time to see if this camera is for me, and shoot stuff while waiting for an active MFT mount with 50/60p to be announced =)

• Does anyone know if bmcc in Australia are going down to $2000?

• @chaos123x think that's what I'll be doing I have the 17.5mm and the 25mm wish I had enough for the soon to be coming 42.5 I bet that is another level of bokehlisious and they seem to be getting sharper with each new release.. Well one lens xD tempted to get the slr magic 12 prob cheaper then speed boosting the tokina and think they can still sell second hand for a decent price.. Exciting times.

• Most of the time, if you are a customer that bought something in the last month, they will offer a refund because 9 times out of 10 you are going to just return the original "full price" item and then repurchase the same product at the reduced price.

• I'm getting the MFT version now will be using the Vöightlander 25mm and the slr magic 12mm, then mostly minolta MD lenses . I'm going to have to sell my gh2 and the electronic lenses to get a external battery and SSD.

• Ef or not ef that is the question I have the sigma 30mm and tokina 11-16 for my never ever use 7d but love the look of the voigtlander and the slr magic 12mm on my gh cam

• @BlackLegSanji I have bought cameras that dropped in price or went on sale shortly after - other electronics too. I feel a little sad when it happens, sure, but if I feel like I'm paying a fair price for something when I buy it, I don't feel like I should be too angry when the price goes down after. I might try to return and re-purchase it to get the deal if it's that big of a change, sure, but if it doesn't work out, that's OK too.

• People should be a bit bit less critical on blackmagic. At $ 3000 the camera was already ground breaking in terms of value to money. Now they can make it evem more competitive they are doing it. What do people want, that they do like Canon sell the same rubbish for the last 5 years with the launch of the Canon 70D. A camera in 2013 without a $ 5 earphone jack.

• Get a bmcc MFT for $2000 now or wait for the rumoured active mount.... Thanks blackmagic ;)

• I bought a BMCC a couple of months back (the MFT version), but I don't feel anger at BlackMagic for lowering the price. I'm near the end of a 10 day shoot for a TV pilot, and just loving the daily rushes. Thank you BlackMagic for making me look good!

People, this is such a great bargain, especially with Da Vinci bundled in.

• BM dealers in LA have them in stock at the new price today.

I just saw the post here and ordered the far better deal at Adorama. I called and they confirmed BMCC EF units in stock Friday morning, $1,995.

• It's tech. It always moves fast and depreciates quickly. Those "good old days" of classic gear are never coming back. Unless you are into dusting museum pieces for a living.

If you are connected and skilled, you can use this stuff everyday for money, and it's an absolute money machine. If you want to build your skills, for the price, this technology is a lot cheaper step than years at USC or NYU. If you only shoot three or four projects a year, then nothing here is a good investment. If you want a good investment to sit on, buy bonds.

• @kholi Thanks man. Good to know. Wishing to save some sales tax to put towards ssd's but maybe this is a safer bet.

• @Vicharris

Hot Rod Cameras has a hand full of MFTs in stock, in Hollywood FYI.

• So has anyone had one ship at this new price? I ordered one first thing this morning from Adorama next day air and haven't heard anything? Bueller?

• That's because you are not in their shoes. Imagine that you get your bmcc tomorrow for 2k and the price drops to $1000 the next month. I think you'll most likely join the complaining chorus. Btw, I think this is not a good time to invest in professional video camera if you're a hobbyist on a budget. The tech is just moving too fast and your investment depecriates quickly. It's better to get a HDSLR like the 5Dm3 and shoot beautiful videos while observing the technology race in the video scene and waiting for the techs to stabilize.

• I've never seen a group of people as angry about someone lowering the price on a product as on the BMC forums today. Some of the people are acting like Grant Petty personally walked into their house and took a big steaming dump in the middle of the living room floor. I'm pretty excited, myself. 2.5k for under $2k is nothing short of amazing.

• Ordered. Adorama's $1995 package overnight. Thanks for the tip!

I haven't felt this good about buying a camera since my last Arri. I'm so tired of fiddling with DSLR's. To me, this is the only company right now that "gets it." The only company that seems to give two cents about my business reality and profitability. I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner now. It was a bargain at $2995. (But at this price, it's like dating a stripper! Not a long term solution, but its going to be fun and exciting next year!)

Damn. I wanna go shoot something now! I haven't felt like that in a while!

• Ordered. Didn't even have to thing about it. Adorama gives you better handles than B&H plus a free copy of Sony Vegas Pro Suite or something like that.

• Wow this is great news. This actually makes the Bmmc cheaper for me than the pocket when factoring in getting wider lenses and what not.

• This is brutal. I am anxious to get a cam in my hands. I have the BMCPC on order, but the thought of having the MFT mount for $1995 (NOW HALF THE PRICE) is almost more than I can handle. Especially, thinking of having it next week! First world problems...

I can only imagine the teeth gnashing of the people that have already gotten their MFT & EF mounts...

• That is a crazy price reduction! I think if you can now get a BMCC MFT easily that will reduce a lot people's cares about the BMPCC being on time (which I think it is kinda on time, but the question now is.... at what volume?).

I personally would still go for the BMPCC, the greater crop factor and less resolution isn't such a big deal.

• From the same email -

There are some new features in the software for the Pocket Cinema Camera. You can now focus by pushing the focus button when using an active MFT lens. This makes it very easy to accurately focus. The focus peaking feature is still there and you enable it by double pressing the focus button. The focus zoom feature is enabled by double pressing the OK button.

There will be an update for the 2.5K Blackmagic Cinema Camera soon that will also add these features, plus new de-bayer processing that will improve the cameras sharpness when shooting non RAW files.

• price reduction by BMD to USD 1995,-

today's email by Grant Petty :

We have done it and from today the Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF and MFT models will be reduced in price to US$1,995. This is very exciting and is one of the proudest moments of my life to be able to do this!