Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • Yes, 720p50/60 would be great, both together in the timeline with switching to each other.

Stock bitrate vs. ptool recommended bitrate.

• Filmed on a hacked GH2 with Ptools 3.61d 24H 42mbps
    Lenses used: 7-14mm f4.0, 20mm f1.7, 14-42 f3.5-5.6
  • What's the point of posting You(compress)Tube videos at high bitrates when it's recompressed again? Wouldn't the filesharing or Vimeo "download original" make more sense?
  • @Shield @Butt @Ian_T I can't afford a Vimeo account. The video is 770MB. The free ones only let you up 500mb files max. You wanna buy an account for me? I'm not going to bust my goddamned internet my maxing out the 30GB upload cap by file sharing it either. Instead of shitting on me, why not offer some helpful suggestions? This is the best I can do.

• Latest Ptool. 42mbps 42H 35L

V 25mm 0.95 lens
  • Hi everyone,
    first post on the forum. put the standard hack on today. 2 screen shots of 720p with and without standard hack: 14-140 lens, iso160, 1/125sec, f11(10?) Wind in grass. I loaded the hack in place so lighting and settings are the same. WIll try a few more tomorrow.
    720 no hack b.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    720P w hack.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • @APXmusic:

First, you need to calm down and stop thinking the world is coming down on you. After all....you are not the only one using YouTube in here. Now if you want my tip all I can give you is shoot shorter clips and they will fit. Other than that Shield's comment below makes more sense if your purpose is to show off the camera's true image potential:

"What's the point of posting You(compress)Tube videos at high bitrates when it's recompressed again? Wouldn't the filesharing or Vimeo "download original" make more sense?"

...but thank you for posting anyway.

• @Ian_T I am completely calm. I do not think the world is coming down on me.

Obviously Shield's comment has merit but I only have that option at the moment (for the whole clip.)

Thank you for the tip of just putting smaller clips up. That should do the trick.
  • @APXmusic Love the 7-14 shots!
  • @freeheels

Thank you for the pictures, but I think the picture without hack is out of focus. The 720p Mode was out of stock not as bad as the first picture shows.

And please use the same focal length, aperture,....
  • @azza_act Could you provide more info about the source footage? I'm assuming this is 24p 1080? Very difficult to ask as you've disabled comments on your video and the Vimeo video obviously only shows what it was exported at.
  • @freeheels

Yes, the pic without hack is simply out of focus at the foreground. So, we can´t compare anything. But thx for your effort. Maybe you can do it again with the exact same settings? And a very short clip would be better than 2 pictures...
  • @Mark_the_Harp. Thank you! I am going to travel to Niigata this August so I will have a good travel video finished up by mid-August. Subscribe to my Youtube to keep updated!
  • APXmusic - I have my own web server and could host the file for you. My upload is 5 megabit and it'd take a while for it to get to me though.
  • Well thank you shield! That is a nice offer. I will link you the file. Now if you can help me so I can private message you!
  • In low light video is still terrible. I tried some test at hacked GH2 with Ptools 3.61d 24H 42mbps but average video bitrate was only 10mbps... Video setting was: Iso: 160/ Color: Smooth -2-2-2-2/Shutter:50/Aperture:1.4/Lens:Nokton25, 095. Also gradient problems in all videos.

Questions:
    How enlarge average video bitrate in low light?
    Can I set minimal value bitrate of encoder? or how set encoder value to constant bitrate?
    Gradiens are problems of GOP or something else?

thanks.
    mk

test 42mbps.jpg
    1276 x 664 - 265K
  • @svacko
    We are working on quantizer to make bitrate in low light better.
  • @svacko Thanks for that! It's good to know. I am going to go back to default settings until that is fixed.
  • Here's my first test shots with the 3-GOP setting... let me know what you guys think!

• As promised, here's APXmusic's video, in uncompressed glory. Mp4 format, about 750mb. May not be the fastest download you've ever done either, but it's a fantastic video.

Link removed - sorry, too many pulling this down right now.

Shawn
  • @bwhitz: You're killing me. That looks like R1 footage.
  • @bwhitz
    That is excellent! Really great looking footage, looks like part of a short or movie. Is this straight out of camera or did you do cc? Also what film profile setup are you using?

Maybe this belongs in another topic, but what does everyone think now about what film profile & custom settings to use, especially with the hack? Does the hack make you think differently in how you do set the film profile up?
  • @bwhitz, that's just amazing, looks great!!
  • I agree with Ian, by the way. We own a RED (non mx) and the DR and noise looks very similar.