Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Need recommendation for mobile monitoring
  • Hi there,

I have a filming challenge, that will need us to follow skaters (one with a camera) down a street, with the director following in a car. The director wants to see the real-time view from the camera.

Does anyone know of an option for powering a HDMI transmitter/receiver with batteries so they're portable? Or perhaps a battery-powered Wi-Fi camera that can pair with an iPad?

I've been looking at things like this, but it seems to have too much latency.

I would welcome recommendations. I already have the Touchworld monitor with battery pack, I just need some way to get the signal to it in real time.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I belive that we had topic about WHDI transmitters.

They have quite small transmitter stick, so you can power it using good battery.

• he he.. what will the director do then? Give you directions? (Or finding himself quite important because he has live stream?)

• @peaceonearth I think he wants to stream from the skateboard which the stuntie will be piloting through the streets of New York, and my challenge is to mount a camera on it. I'm thinking GoPro at this stage... not sure I want to risk my GH2.