Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GoPro Hero HD
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • All they are doing is comparing the different versions of Gopro FW, i posted all the versions here for Vitaliy to look at months ago. http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/11
  • Well that's timely, someone has come out of the blue on my forum and posted proof of dumping the GoPro FW, altering it and reflashing the bin file. Only problem is it's the 960HD version not the 1080HD. However it should be similar but not contain any rear port control. Why they didn't just start of with the 1080 version is beyond me, the FW is available without having to dump.

Vitaliy, any suggestions on a FW manipulating tool other than a hex editor and binwalk, which is what they are using.

You were correct in the other thread it is Ambarella System Software Running on PrKERNELv4
  • >any suggestions on a FW manipulating tool other than a hex editor and binwalk, which is what they are using.

IDA Pro. It is standard tool :-)
  • Thanks VK
  • I have been recently playing with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT3. I got it to use on my next shark trip as a pole-cam over the stern of the boat (when it's not my turn in the cage)...cheap if it gets eaten.

Build quality is very good...but the mic picks up AF noise badly (but not really an issue for dubbing sound).

1080 image quality is crappy when compared with my GH13's (but way better than my friend's YoHo Pro)...but it's OK for special projects (haven't tried tweaking the image in Edius yet).

I'm confident it would benefit greatly from just upping the bit-rate...
  • Thanks for the update Rambo. I think I'll subscribe to your forum.
  • @Skeptikal
    "I have been recently playing with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT3. I got it to use on my next shark trip as a pole-cam over the stern of the boat (when it's not my turn in the cage)...cheap if it gets eaten."

Just be careful that shark doesn't jump in boat to eat you...or cause too much stress. :-)
    http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2011/07/22/great-white-shark-jumps-on-boat-stressing-everyone/
  • Cool stuff. Go GoPro!!!