Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
24p versus HBR
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • @manstok BIG difference!

• I did a similar test a couple days ago pre shoot. HBR does show more aliasing on edges. 24 and FSH does not so I chose to shoot in FSH for my 25fps needs. Using AN Nebular v7 sharp2

• If you need 25 fps at max quality, it might be the rare case where an external recorder like the Ninja 2 is better than all the settings for the hack.

• manstok, I think there is something wrong with the way you have processed that HBR footage to generate the still image. It appears that you have just a single field of interlaced video, doubled. The GH2's 24p is sharper than HBR mode, but not by that much.

Of course the GH2's HBR mode uses interlaced encoding of progressive frames. To properly interpret the video, the fields should be weaved back into frames. Some software is too smart, and tries to de-interlace the video.

• Is there a "better" hack to shoot at 30fps?

• Better than what? Cake is good for HBR 30p.