Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Problem with footage
  • Ok so today i went to the lake and was testing out my gh2 some more with the cluster v6 drewnet hack. I used the 14-140mm lens and I ended up getting this footage.

any idea why its like this???! some footage is fine and some is really messed up.

• 36 Replies sorted by
  • this has never happened to no one?

its weird cuz it didnt do it alot

• @jclmedia what frame rate and resolution were you using. Also, what memory card do you have. Specs please!

• oh dang forgot that, I shot in 24H . Sandisc Extreme Pro 16gb 95MB/s

f11 1000-1500 shutter

• @jclmedia Hi, Also when other settings are used, does the same phenomenon happen?

• im not too sure. I just filmed in 1080 24H mode. never really changed that at all. only thing i changed was ap. and shutter. I can post another clip with more footage of some being fine and other being distorted like this.

i dont know what to do, should i reload the drewnet v6 cluster hack?

• @jclmedia The "setting" which I have pointed out means the "hack setting" of other Intra, 3GOP, etc., for example, Sedna, GOP3ZILLA, FM... I think that your PC power is the cause rather than it. When I play with WMP in my PC before, such a phenomenon has occurred. Data was satisfactory when reading into editing software, although it was strange at the time of a playback with WMP. I also consider your case like the result similar to this. You should investigate first whether the phenomenon in which other hack settings are the same occurs anyhow, IMO.

• @jclmedia I agree with bkmcwd. Try another hack to see if you get the same results. I had no problem with either Cluster V6 patch. Did you just import the settings and not touch anything else? I don't think the shutter speed would have anything to do with it, but try setting the shutter to 1/50 for 24H

• Never happened to me..very strange. I use Terraquake, the only hack I've tried, but haven't really felt the need to go with any other.

• looks like the first encoder setting is wrong, you did not change that in ptools?

• hmmm, well thanks for help guys. @bkmcwd Im using a Mac book pro, Also what does WMP mean? windows media player?

@mozes that sounds like what might be the problem. I never messed with any of hack settings jus saved them put them on my gh2. I never knew i had to change anything really besides the Limit Removal, Lang. Max Iso . ect.

How would i do that?

• @jclmedia you don't change anything. just load the setting in ptool and save the firmware.
    But perhaps by accident you did change something.....

• oh. well either way im going out to go hiking again today. alll i change is ISO limit , Lang. ect Ill do some more tests with other rec formats, and a different sd card.

• A guy said he saw this same thing about a year ago and ref. me to this other guy who gave me a link to GH2__V11 new firmware. So im guessing the firmware got messed up? ill try it again with cluster v6 and see what happens.

• @jclmedia Please report back when you find out what went wrong:

I had something similar happen to me with Sanity 4.1 and A SanDisk Ultra card (which I returned when I learned it was 10 MB/s write speed).

Playback on my 2009 MBP was messed up, like yours. I tried the native .mts file in VLC and in Toast 11 AVCHD video player (better than VLC but not always smooth). I transcoded it in FCP 7 using log and transfer to ProRes 422, same problem. Then I uploaded a the .mts to my vimeo account, let vimeo transcode it and it was perfect. I never did figure out what went wrong. I thought it could be a Mac playback issue, slow SD card issue or bad patch applied to the camera.

Frustrated I moved on to testing other patches and haven't had a problem since. You post proves to me it wasn't Sanity 4.1. @Driftwood recommended a good .mts player for the Mac which I can't find right now. I found this for you:

from: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/43070#Comment_43070

@Mr_Moore February 22 By the way, QuickTime Player 7 plays back MTS files without a hitch (if you let them load completely first) with Panasonic’s AVCCam Importer QT plugin. No dropped frames. I can also use Quick Look right in the Finder. I’m on a mid-2010 MacBook Pro.

• somthing is def. wrong. I took alot of footage today HBR,24H,FSH,FH Ect and They all have same effect.

aand i shot clips longer than 2 or 3 seconds, all my clips are cut off. have no idea whats goin on

wow.... now it wont even let me view the RAW photos i took in PS cs5... amazing..

cannot copy contents of the card. cannot be writter or read.

• When i Try to import MTS files into premire pro It takes for ever and says "The File has an unsupported compression type."

strange. Now Im am able to copy all 3 folders from the card and the Video and pics seems to be loading.

Ok so all footage is imported into Premiere and Now its Playing full clips i taken with the cam without any problems.

• after loading all the Footage onto FCP, only 3 Clips are messed up like before.

and all 3 are shot at 24fps.

So im guessing my Cluster v6 drewnet 24h settings got messed up some how.

• @jclmedia

"what does WMP mean? windows media player?"

Yes. First of all, again, you should check whether the same result is brought by other hack settings.

BTW, is this vimeo edited from some satisfactory clips?

• ok , ya i dont use wmp. I can try other settings tomorrow. Yea its all HBR, FSH footage only the 24H setting on cluster v6 seems to be giving me problems, ill test that vs stock patch. btw

whats the bit rate for 24H on Cluster v6 drewnet settings?

• says defualt 24H setting is 70+ M , On my Ptools it says Modified is 90808080.

that doesnt seem right.

• Although I have not used "Cluster v6 drewnet", about the contents of a setting, I think that it is rational.

Although my "GOP3ZILLA" is also set to 145M about the bit rate setting, for example, the bit rate which actually appears is about 90M. I think that it is satisfactory to "90808080" itself.

• ok, im jus tryin to piece this together. I dont understand why it does this on only 24H footage. ill jus have to wait for more tests tomorrow.

• I just reloaded Original Firmware, and its not doing that anymore in 24H. I also reloaded the Cluster v6 drewnet and the same thing is happening in 24H again....

so theres no way around this? or?

• @jclmedia AGAIN, first of all, you should check whether the same result is brought by other hack settings, for example, GOP3ZILLA or Flow Motion or Chris's 44M or... It may be some trouble of hardware if the same phenomenon occurs also with these settings.