Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
EOS to m43 electronic adapters

Supposed to control only aperture, as I understand.

Via: http://www.dl-kipon.com/en/articledetail.asp?id=56

Of course, photo is of some prototype, as you can't use such adapter in real life.

• 13 Replies sorted by
  • Now, this is getting exiting. It shure look like mackgiver project, but hey, he made things work so... its ok.

Finally eos for m4/3, ths sky is the limit. With this shit will come more electronic adapters for m4/3. It took a little bit of canon mirrorless to wake up the choices.

• What about the loose cables inside and light reflexion? Prototype?

• finally something interesting :).. let's hope it won't take them a century to finish it and also that the price won't be higher as similar adapters for NEX :)

• I hope this supports IS and is less than $200. Even if it doesn't support IS, at least we can finall use a Tokina 11-16 with aperture control on m4/3

• at least we can finall use a Tokina 11-16 with aperture control on m4/3

I can suggest much simpler approach - get Nikon version and Nikon G adapter :-)

• "Indeed we developed electronic adapters for Canon EF lens on mirror less cameras, but there have big patent risk ,we are >famous manufacture ,so we stopped to make a production ,pls understand. You can buy from internet, some guys are selling electronic adapter, they are personal behavior."

Well, there is the Redrock Micro LiveLens ESO->MFT lens adapter with an external iris control ( http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1009/redrock-livelens-mft-adapter-for-canon-lenses ) or adapters with its own built-in diaphragm, such as one by Kipon ( http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/758/m43-to-eos-adapter-with-diaphragm-by-kipon ). However, none of these would provide electronic contacts to the camera, power the lens image stabilization, or provide the electronic follow focus capabilities (not to mention the AF).

• @igorek7

I hope that guys who produce NEX-EOS adapter make one available for cheap.

• I use this one for Nikon lenses:

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev It appears, that each of the attempts to build an electronic support for a third-party lenses ends up in the struggle with the patents and/or expensive licenses. I am wondering why nobody came with an idea to make connection from the lenses mounted to a MFT camera with a modified CanonEOS-lens-adapter (+MFT-camera for shooting) and modified Canon-lens-cap (+Canon camera for the electronic lens control in manual mode: iris, etc.), something like on the image shown below? :-)

EOS-MFT-Camera.jpg
    2517 x 1374 - 2M
  • This looks interesting, although still cumbersome

• this looks cool....if I could just understand the guy !

• Lol @kurth I'm sure we'll see a proper review, many are interested in using their EF lenses, including me :)

• anybody can give some updates on this? I have been looking for cheaper alternatives to Metabones (not speedbooster) but cannot find a reliable answer. It would be so nice to have Lens Turbo II with IS-Aperture Control on a M43 body...