Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Acer A700 tablet
  • Already available Tegra 3 based tablet. Good option to watch FullHD videos.

• Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1200
    • Screen Size: 10.1
    • Android 4.0

On ebay you can get 32GB one for $486

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-A70010K32U-Iconia-A700-Black-HT-H9ZAA-007-/221070344260?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item3378d1c044

or cheaper ($449) with US only shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-10-1-Tegra-3-32GB-Android-4-0-Black-Tablet-/350575946140?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item519ff4699c

• 12 Replies sorted by
  • @Tommyboy I went the opposite direction. I got an Ipad and hated it from the start. I gave it to my wife and bought the Android Eee and docking keyboard. It goes everywhere with me. I'd have bought the Acer if the deal had been around then.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I hate Apple as company and yet ..... ;-)

• @Tommyboy

But I really hate Android architecture :-)

• You know that several browsers exist for Android, right?

YES, I do.

• Understood ;-)

• But my reasons are more personal, just the way you navigate thru iOS device makes me want to use it on a daily basis.

Got it.

I am just going in reverse direction :-)

You know that several browsers exist for Android, right?

• My reasons have to do with how the browser works, how responsive and quick it is. As well as the way you navigate thru the screen... it's bit too flimsy to me... maybe i got used to my 2008 iphone.

Let's put it in a perspective: there are users out there that like opera browser, I on the other hand gave a try and then went the firefox > chrome (on pc) way but I must say Safari on the mobile device wins me everyday.

You are 100% correct by saying "As from pure technical POV, new IPad can't match any of modern Android sets."

But my reasons are more personal, just the way you navigate thru iOS device makes me want to use it on a daily basis.

Oh I forgot to add.

I really wanted to love Asus Transformer Infinity Pad with the new Android on it but as I have learnt as to test my gadgets my self and use the one I like the best instead of going by the technical specs.

• Reasons, strictly personal, just the way Android works it is a bit flimsy to me.

Can you describe in more detail?

As from pure technical POV, new IPad can't match any of modern Android sets.

• I got the Asus Transformer Infinity Pad with similar specs to this Acer here. Sadly, to say I'll be returning it and replacing it with the new iPad. Reasons, strictly personal, just the way Android works it is a bit flimsy to me. I'm not Apple funboy but if something works and it is solid I'll put my money on it.

• 4 more months it will 300 bucks i buy.

Usual stupid comment that you can see around the web :-)

It's price is already best amongs modern tablets.

• 4 more months it will 300 bucks i buy.