Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
m42 to m4/3 adapter
  • need a good adapter for a helios 44m-5 one that will press the aperture pin and alow infinity focus. any good ones people are using?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I have a nameless .. middle price .. variety that works, it's looser than I would like .. most lenses I can wiggle and get past infinite. I intend to buy a novoflex, as my experience was similar with MD adapters (I bought several cheapies). Purchasing the Novoflex Minolta MD and all is perfect.The Novoflex adapters are machined .. rather than castings

• I use a Fotodiox, sometimes with a helios 44. It pushes the aperture pin, and is generally ok. But the connection to the camera is not perfectly tight, you can rotate it a tiny bit, and sometimes the camera pops up a message about not having a lens connected.

• My adapter has a tiny screw inside the barrel that mounts to the camera. Is there any reason for it? I guess it is there to help to fit the adapter in case it is not 0.1 mm perfect, but i´m really not too sure.