Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Shooting a documentary in Europe, need some help
  • Guys, I've posted here already a couple times about the documentary we are working on (called "Planet of Babel" http://tv.globalresearch.ca/2012/05/planet-babel-story-greatest-recession-trailer) We are in the midst of production cycle — been shooting for the last week in Spain and had a really great experience in working with the GH2 ppl there.

We are now going to Italy through France and then — Greece.

If you guys have time/ideas and enthusiasm please don't hesitate to contact our crew.

As our previous experience showed nobody knows the situation better than the folks on the ground.

What we are looking for are people's stories, characters, plots, stories which can tell us something new/unusual about the current crisis.

Use this chance!!!

You can reach me here or through ksyomin @ gmail.com

Peace to the GH2 world dwellers!

• 67 Replies sorted by
  • Vitaliy wrote: "I think exactly reverse. That we are going to see animal side of people. As soon as resources and life quality will be dropping it'll happen for certain."

I have had some really hard times in my life and it has changed me for the better. It didn't bring out my animal side. It made me a more caring and compassionate person. Quality of life dropping is a spiritual test. Not everyone reacts the same way. Possibly some for the worst but some for the better.

• The current crisis in the U.S. is relying on extreme methods of energy extraction to lift the economy from its dismal cacophony. Not sure if this helps, but our footage on the GH2 in a recent documentary on hydrofracking says something about how unregulated free markets are using the current crisis to shroud the rights of individuals to extract the last remaining pieces of fossil fuels in the hope it will bridge to a brighter future. Here's a few shots of what we're working with:

People lose their freshwater and it's a straight line to water privatization.

• @GOODEMPIRE , you must have 1000 miles of data, so that means a million hours of culling and then editing. he world is a mess, and I can only imagine what it is like in Europe. The US is in the throws of an election and the bottom is continuing to spiral out of control. Somewhere there is a silver lining... got to find that. Remember the movie with Douglas Fairbanks.... once the boogyman is out, its hard to put him back in the box... good shooting. Be safe.

• @MirrorMan I know, man. We are just running out of time...

• @GOODEMPIRE @janis Baltic states could be interesting. I'm in rural Estonia and there's plenty to say about the last decade although it look like a more fringe territory than much of Europe (but this is exactly why it might be interesting).

• @ahbleza we've been shooting food banks in barcelona so it sounds truthful

• damm its getting worse everywhere.

The fat years are over, the tragedy begins.

• More news from Spain suggesting looting of food from supermarkets by hungry people without enough money to buy it....

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breakdown-three-tons-of-food-looted-from-grocery-stores-in-spain-as-millions-struggle/

• @Kurolaw For those that do not understand...The ESM will be established if member states which represent 90% of its capital requirements ratify its founding treaty.[1] As of 1 August 2012, fourteen of the seventeen members of the eurozone constituting just over half of its capital requirements have ratified. Of the remaining members, Italy and Germany must ratify the treaty if the ESM is to be established as each represents more than 10% of the ESM's capital requirements and together over 45% of the total. Estonia, the third state which has yet to ratify, has only committed 0.19% of the capital requirements so the ESM can be established without their ratification. I have been working with DrewNet sharp, the first one... for a moment I had doubts.. now it is a beauty. I will post mts file in the morning. Thanks @Vitaliy @driftwood@cbrandin

• Well i can only give you a tip to take a close look on the high court judgment on the esm, europe will be done for if the esm should pass.

Am i the only one who thinks that the song Land of Confusion is pretty much describing whats happening?

I might do a song called 'Europe of Confusion'

Do i have some time for it?

I could ask a bunch of language students about the subject but i doubt that a lot of young people get even 1/100 of the picture of whats at stake. That by the way is making me sad. I am 19 soon turning 20 and i have the nickname grandpa since i take interest in the world and politics.

I can help you translate the interview and create subtitles for you if you want to.

Fun fact i am a language student doing videos in his free time.

Land of confusion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Stability_Mechanism

We are screwed if the German high court does not vote against it.

The voting is on the 12th of September

• @kurolaw Sorry man we only have time to go Berlin from here :( Athens is our next stop. Is there anything related to the crisis you might want to shoot to share with us?

• Hey Goodempire pm me if you come to bavaria i could help you out only if you need help of course.

• Hey @ kurolaw, @ fatpig! I'm already in Germany. We have our own plan but any contribution is greatly appreciated!

• If you are planning on visiting Germany, let me know! :)

• Hey Goodempire, how is it going in northern germany?

• Well you could interview people from Bavaria.

Which is completely different from Berlin.

In fact people from state to state in Germany have completely different opinions on the matter.

Yeah would be nice to talk.

What about making a podcast with a few people from different countries that would be very interesting. I am away till Sunday so don't expect another answer before Sunday evening.

• No matter you follow Seth or Horus ,Pharaon will rule anyway...

sethhorusramses.jpg
    437 x 621 - 93K
  • @kurolaw I don't see anything wrong with what you said given that you are a 19 yo local resident. It's an interesting observation. Would be cool to meet and talk. At this point it looks like we are going to Saarbruken, Kaiserslautern and Berlin. Don't know if we can make it to Bavaria (btw what exactly can we film there?). We take off on Sep 1-2. At the same time I do agree with @Faudel and @Exilenorth — the masters of the world are dividing us to dominate us. Nationalism is the best peer of capitalism. While traditional culture is its #1 enemy. So I can only repeat we are all tenants of the giant tower of Babel destined to collapse if we don't fix the strategy.

• @Faudel, you seem to have more troubles with Muhammad, Allah, muslims than with economic crisis...ôÔ Brilliant observation, or at least the expected one. @kurolaw, it is easy to divide the tribes and keep them weary of each other. Both sides are a lot easier to control. So.. we all need to beware of the divisions that are put forth on our daily news, what was the phrase, "divide and conquer". The plant is being push along by all politicians that want to maintain their control. Whether Conservative or Liberal, one religion to another, we need to unite against those policies.

• Not really you can believe in whatever you want to unless you try to force your believes onto me which many Moslem's have tried till now mainly the young ones at school. I am a Christian and i am happy with it so let me be one.

I was just pointing out a problem with Muslims and Nazis.

That was one sentence what makes you think something like that?

And b.t.w i got a huge problem with the economic crisis. Hell i am 19 and i am really afraid of what happens if they keep up the charade any longer.

If we keep going like this it will most likely end in a complete breakdown of the European union making us a new china.

• @kurolaw you seem to have more troubles with Muhammad, Allah, muslims than with economic crisis...ôÔ

• We really should have such a section i am also interested in making a podcast with people from different countries. Mainly because i want to inform people that germany is not that healthy our economy cant hold the rest of europe much longer in fact we can't do it right now but we are always keeping the charade up.

So if anyone is interested doing a podcast shoot me a pm.

GoodEmpire you should really come to bavaria and talk to people from the age 35-75 most of them are fearing a life in poverty. The ones under 35 don't give a shit as long as they can drink alcohol. We got a huge problem with kids starting from age 12 who drink to much alcohol but the police walks around them not stopping them. The producer had to say that, if you say just one word against Muslims or the European dream then you are immediately a nazi and believe me if you get beat up by a real Nazi (yes some still exist) or a Muslim say one word to the police they wont help you they will throw you in jail instead.

I will help you out as much as possible.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev @GOODEMPIRE @kurolaw Vitaliy perhaps we should start a section on World politics or World problems, Here in the US we are being fed crap, France,Germany financial giants of the failing EU, also the British are pointing to the EU breakdown, hiding the fact that they are equally in trouble. I am reading what you are talking about or GoodEMPIRE and now Kurolaw. This could lead to a larger effort, the breakdown is worldwide, the reactions are few but they can be found if we look in our back yard. Vitaliy, the work you have done on this little camera is truly making it the "peoples" camera, there is no way around it... People are dangerous with this unit. GOODEMPIRE what do you say, New Topic connected to "Planet of Babel". Vitaily you should be proud, so should Driftwood. Chris etc. Hey I am 60, I may be fucked, but I am not going down without some sort of protest. Blah Blah Blad.

• @GOODEMPIRE

I suggest to focus on real manufacturing in Germany and France. Many weird things are happening.

• Yeah. I'm just thinking where exactly to go.. any thoughts/ideas? Just had a conversation with a local producer. She has been trying to persuade me the country is in a really good shape. I'm mostly interested in human stories which could be used to show the broader picture.