Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Let's end unboxing videos!
  • I know I'm not the only one who is driven insane by unboxing videos!

• 39 Replies sorted by
  • @filthy yeah I got my money back today but it's been 2 weeks since I sent it back to them. Additionally, I had the Vlog stupid envelope that needed to be processed separately... I guess.

• @Tommyboy - I just returned my GH5 to B&H as well. Credit processed 2 days after they received it. Hopefully yours is anyday now. GH5 deals through this site is another matter. I paid for one through the deals page here on March 30th and still waiting for the camera. Maybe I should've stuck with the B&H one.

• yeap like 2 weeks wait time on B&H refund on GH5 package ... I should've made a video about that.

• Time for some "re-boxing" videos when someone wants to return a faulty product. Then we get to hear the crazy ranting and complaining!

• I've actually found unboxing videos to be useful when returning stuff to B&H Photo since they require that you return all parts of the item including packaging. They remind you what exactly is in the boxes.

• Here is official(!) unboxing video

• Most of the unboxing videos are a waste of time, I agree. Unless unboxing is a part of some useful review. Thanks goodness YT has a scroll bar. Liked the sarcasm behind the first post video BTW ;)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev What?! No black market human body parts? Kidneys? Livers? Eyes? Just a lousy camera and lens? Most disappointing!

• Come to think of it - wouldn't "reboxing" videos be more useful? Pretty much everyone knows how to unbox something. It's the reboxing I can never quite figure out.

• @rockroadpix Just imagine the looks on their faces if they'd opened the box only to find a GH2 instead of an Epic and an attached card which read...

"When only the best will do" - Francis Ford Coppola ;>)

• I must be in a masochistic mood. First I watched the Zacuto Part 2 video (said nothing in 28 minutes) now the RED fanboy unboxing video.

Agree with LPowell, Olivia should get exclusive contract for all these. And she should do them in lingerie with house music.

• I see great potential in banana and corn unboxing videos - I would need to see more than attractive hands and arms, though...

• I'd like to see a professionally staged unboxing video, with tasteful decor, sumptuous lighting, and a model with attractive hands and arms. I think this is something Olivia could excel in, so long as she kept the hyphy chatter to a minimum.

• I loathe them. Look, here's the worst of both worlds... Unboxing video meets annoying RED fanboys.

• Can someone do an unboxing video of a 'pre-order'? Maybe a B&H or Adorama D800 pre-order nightmare video. LOL