Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Let's end unboxing videos!
  • 39 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Brilliant! Reminds me of using bubble wrap for fire sounds - twisting it and occasional popping is very realistic. I love the string around those big air pockets - very inspired.

• Regarding those Vimeo fashion videos. Who's paying for them? I mean the ones that don't particularly feature a brand or product. I see a lot of them, but don't imagine who is getting a benefit from funding the video?

PS I love unboxing videos. Gives a good idea what you are getting before purchase.

• Ooh - or anything that looks like a load of stills with music - that's my favourite pet hate. So could we have a model in an abandoned buildling as a series of stills with music, and right at the end she finds a box and opens it? Could be a good new genre.

• I think I would rather end the bad fashion videos that usually compromise 3/4 of Vimeos front page. I dont care that the model is hot and you're shooting in an abandoned building. It's boring, these are all the same.

• I love unboxing videos - and if done right can be very informative and hilarious

• what does an unboxing video prove for a buyer?! I'm sure a box can be opened, contents tampered with, box resealed and a unboxing video shot documenting inadequate contents!! not really cross-examine worthy evidence.

to me they are a sign that some people have way too much time on their hands or like the sound of their voice way too much.

• I couldn't possibly make one of these unboxing videos, I just rip the packaging and box lids off I'm so excited to get my hands on the gear inside :-)

Think I might do a parody...

• I had to return a Sony alpha 850 and an unboxing video helped me to box it right. Upload it to youtube better proves the time of unboxing. But I agree unboxing videos are awesome! So much entertaining! pure suspense! When I wake up, I just watch an unboxing video or two and I'm set for the day! I love the part when the guy says "international power supply - very nice and clean!"

• I like unboxing video.
    I think they serve the purpose.
    First, if you are just waiting stuff. Save your nerves. Second, if you want stuff but don't have money. Same shit.

• +1. Unboxing video is really for protecting the buyer himself. Why share it? Showing off?

• Yep - agreed. They used to mystify me too, until I realised how useful it might be to prove you did / didn't receive your stuff in good / bad condition.

But why you'd post them on YouTube - that's a mystery!

• I always film something when its send by post.
    You never now if you need it, when something is not completed send, or even damaged.
    i have prove how i did get it...