Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony-NEX VG10 and NEX cameras Firmware Hack
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • Vitaliy -

On the Vimeo forum mentioned about, we have pretty serious dollars ready to commit to someone who could do the "almost impossible" to resolve these issues and add a couple of key features. A number of us have committed to the VG-10 as a camera.

Does that change the calculus at all?

Or is there someone else with your skills who would be willing to have a go?
  • A little off topic, but I've seen a couple VG10's on Quibids lately. Last one went for $170 I think this afternoon.
  • From the tests I've seen on the Web the Sony-NEX VG10 suffers from pretty bad moire/aliasing, so why bother...
  • VG20 is coming soon, I'd forget about this for now. NEX 3C or 7 would be better candidates for a hack I think.
  • Almost impossible had been used for low level functions part only :-)
    If you want me to be blunt - forget about that.
  • Vitaliy -

I remember seeing you answer previously that the firmware is encrypted - but you use a very intriguing word here - "almost" impossible.

What would it take to make this possible?

Thanks in advance for thinking about it.
  • I already answered this, as I remember.
    VG10 firmware is encrypted. This is first.
    Adding low level functions as you described is almost impossible.