Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 "THIS BATTERY CANNOT BE USED" is a bug or technology trap?
  • Help! My gh2 display "THIS BATTERY CANNOT BE USED" after Insert ohter battery except the original battery, GH2 only recognises the original battery, This is is a bug or technology trap? How can i deal it with ?

• 11 Replies sorted by
  • It is camera feature.

• I don't know how i activate this trap, because I always use third party batteries.

• My DC adapter can not be identified too. To upgrade the firmware cannot solve this problem.

• I finally solved the problem with a clever way.

• @knight999

I finally solved the problem with a clever way.

glad to hear. It would be nice to share your clever way.

• please share this clever way. my gh2 is giving me this problem as well

• I had it happen once. I took the battery out and put it back in. No more problems.

• I just had it happen today with the stock Panasonic battery. I took it out, put it back in, charged it, but no luck. Then I took a cotton swab and cleaned the contacts on the battery and in the camera with a little bit of rubbing alcohol. I figured there was no way that would help because the contacts looked as clean as a bloody whistle and the camera is less than a year old. I'll be damned if it didn't fix it. It fires right up now.

• This is the clerver way. Fool camera that is original battery.

DSC02258.jpg
    500 x 331 - 177K
    DSC02262.jpg
    500 x 331 - 191K
  • I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I have to admit, it does actually look clever...

• Can this hell (vendor locking to batteries) be hacked? I planned to use GH2 with decoupler and doubled external battery packs (FZ1000 works OK with it), but ...