Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic AG-AF100 upgrade to 1080p60 now available
  • Here's something many of us have been waiting for. I will download it, and try it out tomorrow and report back.

https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/soft/upgaf100_e.htm

Here is some of the release information. Note this is a PAID upgrade.

1080 50p/60p upgrade software key for AG-AF100 series (paid option)

The following functions are added.

Optional Function

1. New “PS” mode (maximum 28Mbps), supporting “AVCHD Progressive” standard, records high-quality Full HD progressive signals (1080/60p* and 1080/50p).

*Actually 59.94Hz

1. Safety-zone “2.39:1” aspect-ratio marker display (on View finder, LCD and Output*).

*VIDEO_OSD ON

[STEP1] Update the software of AG-AF100 series to version 1.23 or higher.

[STEP2] Issue / retrieval of the activation code(s)

Register the “25-digit key code” which comes with “1080 50p/60p upgrade software key (AG-SFU100)” and the “equipment profile” exported from the AG-AF100 series unit on the “product activation code website” to retrieve the activation code(s).

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Well, the process is typically complex, but I got stuck when I realized that Panasonic don't actually have a process in place to sell this damn product directly on their web site, so assume we have to buy it through a dealer.

The SKU is AG-SFU100 -- which will theoretically buy you a 25 digit "activation code" to enable this new functionality in the software.

So, I guess I have to wait until Panasonic can be bothered to actually release this for sale through its channels.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions