Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • @DeShonDixon , amazing, nice grading ... what lens did you use ?

• @DeShonDixon - great rhymes and flow. Good to see real hip-hop is still alive.

• @bwhitz @feha @killagram Thanks guys! I used the kit lens @feha

• @DeShonDixon Really nice shadow work with the kit lens!

• very nice Footage !!! @DeShonDixon

• @DeShonDixon very nice video. what was your camera setting? did you record in 720p 60fps?

• @bangkng nope its was all 24fps

• @DeShonDixon how did you do that slow motion at 4:00 with the basketball players without the jerky effect?

• @bangkng Oh yeah I'm stupid lol yeah I only used 60p for like 2 or 3 small shots at the end of the video

• @Lambo

On your low light footage I noticed interference in the video with what looked like very slight chroma bars in the image. It was much more noticeable when watching the original file. The ISO bug showing up?

• @DeShonDixon,

Great work! Rap isn't usually my cup of tea, but the music video's editing, pacing, and cinematography were excellent! Good grading as well. The technical qualities kept me watching and listening. :)

As for better sharpness/detail... it may not be LPowell's patch, but the kit lens' quality of glass. It's not that great. The Panasonic Leica Summilux 25mm F1.4 lens (micro 4/3), while not perfect, is pretty darn sharp for the money. Whether it works well with a follow focus, I'm not sure.

• @JohnTollwannabe Thanks man! But no!! The kit lens is very sharp!! Sometimes overly sharp! @LPowell 's patch is sharp as well! The video came out very sharp to me it just doesn't look that sharp on vimeo, but it looks extremly sharp on Youtube. Vimeo's HD sucks but they have better content on there site, Youtube is sharper but the content is crap

• Hi Lee, Thank you for your settings :)

• Hi @LPowell, I shoot only in HBR 25p mode using Sandisk 30mb sdhc, so in order to support file spanning in HBR, can I just lower the FSH/SH value same to FH/H value(60mbps) in ptool? or how should I do it?

• Hi, i am just curious what soundsettings you guys use with flow motion.

I switched from cluster v6. There i used mic level 1 with my rode video mic pro set to level 0. The soundmeter was always in the middle, never in the red and the sound was fine.

Now i used the same settings with flow motion and had almost no sound at all. Just after really pushing the miclevel i got decent sound. The problem is, that this pushed the soundmeter into the red levels, which are normally distorted. That means i cant rely or trust the soundmeter anymore, which is bad.

Anybody? Cheers

• Both latest setting should have Pasadena Pulse Audio setting built-in, anyway u could check if the value of audio part in ptool is the ticked/same or not.

• @LongJohnSilver .. wow, that music really set the points on the i, nice video.

• @mozes I hope "fair use" habit wiil apply here ;)

• Any hints as to the best GH2 settings using flowmotion 2 in a night club? I'm filming a band tonite, my lens is as low as 1.4 so that will be my f stop, maybe 400 iso? Shutter speed?

• @LongJohnSilver That's stunning, some of the best underwater shooting I've seen. The detail in the barnacle-covered ruins is exquisite.

• @LongJohnSilver I've used FM2.2 over water since it came out and love it....but that video you posted is breathtaking! I am truly humbled.

• @LPowell @peternap thank you.

Actually I always tough that the best setting would be called LF (Load & Forget). FM is well balanced. Optimum quality and zero problems. In a dive like that you would not having problem with your camera :)

Bye

• Hey All, Here's a commercial I shot with this FM Hack:

<object width="512" height="288">

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions