Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: US will go bankrupt, soon.
  • 56 Replies sorted by
  • @jrd

Here is the thing. Don't want to argue the matter, don't take part in the discussions.

Considering the link. Always provide core content in such opinion links with foundations that lies under it. After this you an post the links for ones who still have time to look at this opinion.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Our disputes seem to reach an impasse very quickly, but if you want the argument, it comes down to different understandings about how money is created, and the relationship between the banking system and Federal Reserve.

Economists like James Galbraith claim that there will always be demand among U.S. bank for securities issued in dollars and that this exchange can go on virtually forever, no matter how high the debt goes, without the threat of catastrophic inflation per 1920s Germany.

As these theories have never been tested in the real world (at least, not under the conditions which prevail in the U.S.), I wouldn't pretend to know the truth of the matter, and I can't argue either position with conviction. But it's an alternative view to the one you presented, which also has yet to be tested.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, the charts I posted were in response to the claim that Obama has been spending wildly. It was necessary to help stave off another great depression but overall he hasnt been increasing spending. Rather it's flattened. Another chart showed the job growth since he's taken over. Despite republicans obstruction private sector job growth is stronger under him than Bush. Only public sector jobs are down, which again is due to Republican Govenors blocking aid to states and republicans in congress blocking his jobs bills. The recovery would be booming right now if not for right wing plan from day one to keep him from re-election. They don't care how many people suffer.

• @Aria

Go back in posts. I asked you for specific charts.

As for now you fixed on one idea and try to find various supporting things. I highly admire it, but it also requires to look at the picture as a whole. This is why I asked to make you other charts.

• Everything will go bankrupt eventually. The question is how soon is soon? Next month, next year, next decade, next century? Nobody knows.

• Nice chit chat. Some people read the future, some people know it all. Revolutions are NOT on the way. So solution will be found by the same people that run the show before we get there(Revolutions). Sorry folks.

And as much as it seems possible that a few are running everything, this is something beyond our heads and possibilities to influence anyway. But we can still select somebody that will do at least a little for us comparing to the other guy that would not even care. that's why i agree with whoever says that in the long term parties have shown what they do and care about also in practical terms, thus it is still important to keep a political orientation in this sense(it could have a huge impact on your daily live, and not how banks are run, or what/how corporations are eaten up by other)

There are also other places apart form the US that are not so free and democratic and are doing pretty bad economy wise(state run corporations) as well as the recent events show pretty well. But this would wildly go off topic, right? (left? ; )