Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @LumixUser is 640 the base iso for GH2??

• watch this in 1080p

• shortfilm a free style one from sedna aaq1,..gh2,..

u will find it little darker,.,.its purposefully made to be darker,.because of strong lights in mall,..and to avoid over light from other shops.,.

• @adamquesada That was the first time I tried watching a video using YouTubes new 3D conversion. I watched it in red/blue glasses mode. Better than expected.

• @adamquesada hey! Cool footy. A few of the shots give me a good idea as to what it may look like shooting in specific situations. So thanks!

• @GH2_fan The lowest bitrate of the current Intra patches are Pictoris. You could also try SpanMyBU V1 (which has a lower bitrate than V2 in the recordings I did with them).

As I said earlier, adjusting the bitrate by itself is sometimes not enough - you have to adjust the PTool settings for the frame sizes too. That is part of the reason why it is better to start off with patches designed for slower cards.

• @thepalalias Well just not too long ago I tried different patches going down to Orion Driftwood Quantum X (v4b Orion) CBR 'Settings' and I still get recordings halted after a few seconds on 1080i50 and sometimes on HBR, even though I once again lowered the bitrates to 50M/100M. All of this happening on my 7DayShop 32GB Class SD Card :(

How much less intense patch do I need to go? I really want at least Intra recordings.

• Just a side note for People using EX Tele or 720 modes AT ALL WITH THIS CAMERA: An external monitor does not work with those modes correctly even with default firmware. It's not a "settings" problem.

• @ModernHuman Lower GOP is sometimes a consideration. I seem to remember Mysteron is GOP3 for 50P and GOP6 for 60P.

I got some great bitrates with 50P Sedna AQ1 C but I have not analyzed 1 to 1 60P vs 50P with the same patch much yet. Should be able to tell you after the testing on Sunday.

• @luxis thanks luxis, I lowered the bitrates in ptools because of the card I was shooting with (trascend 16gb class 10).. I have tested sedna aq1 at stock 154 bitrate a on a sandisk 45mb and it is stable, it just will not span.

• @adcockstudios I live in Miami.. but occasionally ride up to Otown.. I would like to go shooting in Otown sometime!

• @onionbrain Wow great video, makes me want to switch back to Mysteron. I wish you would have done the same footage on Sedna to compare

• @LumixUser thankfully the only shooting i know of is camera related...coming back to topic...do you remember what settings, iso etc on this? I imagine Sedna A, right?

• First off, just wanted to thank @Vitaliy_Kiselev @driftwood @thepalalias for their amazing work with the GH2, it is amazing stuff.

I've been testing Sedna AQ1 A with Sandisk 95MB 64GB cards. So far no errors (shooting both 24H and 60sh). People keep saying that 60sh mode locks up or freezes, and they should use 50p. Basically, is there some reason (other than the obvious; lower framerate) to use 50p over 60p? I've tested it with EXT. too, and no problems.

Been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to post. Thanks everyone!

• I've been reading these forums for long time and have mentioned my problems with 32 MB 30Mb/s Sandisk cards on Sedna and other high bitrate patches in 24P mode. Last 2 days I've been reading about formatting on computer first.

I've been formatting in camera before shooting since day 1 of the hack. When did I miss the concept of formatting on computer first instead of on the camera?

• @LumixUser I have no personal experience with bullet wounds, but looks convincing to me (gratefully untrained) eye. :)

• @adamquesada cool footage working great with the music!nice free ride dolly on the "flat" escalator! did you just lower the bit rate in ptools and what cards were you using there? still looks great! is this PL25 the lens?f1.4?

• adamquesada- do u live in Otown? If so, we should link up.

• @No_SuRReNDeR i use 50p never a problem(stock setting) just my experience. hack- some times. if needed switch to 50p.

• @No_Surrender I don't know what to tell you. I would shoot in those conditions with different results.

If I test it again, I will let you know. It is possible that some cards just didn't "play nice" with it.

• @luxis -- forget it...I dont have the energy for internet debating.... 60p = inevitable crash in ex tele.... that's my point. Hax or no

• Some quick shots I took using Sedna AQ1A (77mbps) in Downtown Disney and City Walk in Orlando Florida. The First scenes are from a restaurant called T-Rex.

• FYI testing mysteron with sd 64 gig card. Tele ex mode works fine without Smallhd monitor. Does not work with hdmi attached. Just be prepared in the field.

• @No_SuRReNDeR the slowes one being 15mbits sandisk class 4...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions