Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Big Thing
  • 437 Replies sorted by
  • @thepalalias, I had tried to do a timelapse using this mode with an external intervalometer but it did not work out because Panasonic put a limit on how the mode works. There were 2 problems that I ran into. First, I could not go down to 1/2 second shutter. It's locked at 1/40 second. And 2nd, I got about 2 frames per trigger via an external timer. Could this due to the (SH) burst mode or my timer? I could not tell. Did you experience multiple frames per trigger? What timer did you use? I did not know that there was an upper limit as well. I though it was 1/4000 like others. This limit can be removed as well via a hack, I think. There is another limit on the flash at 1/160. As soon as the builtin flash is raised or a flash trigger is attached, GH2 falls back to 1/160. It's impossible to blur out the background on a bright sunny day using a fill flash with all the limitations put in place by Panasonic. I am hoping the Vitaliy can at least remove the restriction to allow shooting in RAW using this SH burst mode. Even at 2-3fps is way better than it's now.

• @Dusty42 A few things.

• That mode limits the fastest shutter to 1/1000 not 1/4000 (which is kind of important to know if you are shooting high speed shots). Both H burst and the video modes are at 1/4000.
    • The 40fps mode is not useless, but it is most useful in conjunction with careful testing and an intervalometer. Last year I shot an over 6 minute music video using almost entirely footage from the 40fps burst mode.
    • The mode currently works by reducing the bandwidth and processing used. So not only is it not RAW, but JPEG compression and only at smaller frame sizes (1920x1080 for 16x9) but the EX mode is currently disabled because of whatever overhead concerns they have about that.

While it might be cool to have a faster burst rate, it certainly tends to feel bandwidth and/or processor limited on the GH2 each time I pick-up my slightly older Canon DSLR and shoot with that instead.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Focus peak this, I went for it, hook line and sinker, remember back to the comment made by the Panasonic representative, acknowledgment of the Stalin Group and kind of side stepped the .... innuendo.. intellectual property idea. Wow, a corporation is watching, their overhead is down, all our R & D is being funded by shadowy figures on the net, what could be better and cost effective. Let it continue....... Like the shadowy figures, we have access to the advancements as well. it's over.. now for all of you that contributed in the last 2 week can go, and the rest of you, put up, or shut up. The chaos was incredible. The spectacle awesome. I am FULLY AWAKE.

• funniest thing is reaction of many people ... how willingly they back to corporate hands for focus peaking ...

• @johnnym or to those with a real sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at their own gullibility.

Bob: Outrageous, How dare he say such blasphemy. I've got to do something. Man #1: Bob, there's nothing you can do. Bob: Well, I guess I'll just have to develop a sense of humor.

• Lame joke. I pray that you'll all get a decent sense of humour. April fools is only funny to the prankster. No exception here. Another waste of my bloody time.

• "I'm not a fucking hipster!"

I snorted out coffee all over my keyboard on this one.

While I totally expected this to be an April fool's joke, I think it was more funny watching people's replies. By the number of feverish replies looking to heap praise, I can tell there are probably a lot of tears shed and keyboards smashed after they viewed the video..

• CONGRATULATIONS on the well played joke! The next year model will be much better, I hope. Can you give, per NDA, some hints on what features we might be getting?:)

With the joke aside, I do not know whether anybody else notices it. The gamma shift also affects the still side of GH2. I notice it most in dark environment. However the shift does not affect the High Speed Burst mode of photo mode even in the dark. @Vitaliy, is there a possibility that the High Speed Burst mode can be hacked to allow normal photo shooting? That's to say, remove the 1/40 second shutter speed and allow photo size to be selected like the mechanical shutter mode. I believe some of us do not care for the useless 40fps and happily trade that for a 2-3fps silent mode shooting in RAW. This mode is very useful in churches.

Thanks.

• every one, y not BT for Beer Time now

• @Vitaly How did you manage to keep on posting for more than 24 hours?

To all. Things are getting pathetic now. The only way out: I think the moment has arrived that we should start to construct our own camera. Russian lens mount (M39, M42), Kiselev-Sensor, permanent wireless hack connection.

• @Mark_the_Harp I was laughing like a maniac myself. I'm sure some guys on white robes are busting my door down any minute now...

• @VK Any comments from Panasonic on this? Viral marketing-happy or bad publicity? I guess the Manchurian incident is still a hot potatoe.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev these things are inevitable. :)

• Not all things had been wrong :-)

FS700 official specs:

FPS: 120, 240, 480, 960 frames / second.
    120 and 240 frames per second in Full HD
    480 and 960 pictures in reduced quality.

• Well played! :) Even if it was a joke, the box is now open.

• I am glad that 1st of April is over, but it comes every year!!! This year it was very cruel joke but good one. In my country they have an expression "every joke is half true" so it will be good for this community to know if there is any economical needs for you and the rest of the crew to continue to work on development, or simply to donate for "take it easy on us" the next 1st of April !!!

• @Vitaliy First, It was April 1. Second, it sounds "It is not fools joke" not "It is not April fools joke", so it had a hint :-) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I actually noticed that choice of words. Thank you for not becoming a Zombie. I was worried and depressed.

• It thought it was pretty good. Had me for a sec. Funny to see people play along with the joke for their own amusement and fooling others. ;-)

• OK, I have officially peed myself laughing at these two videos. Even worse, I can't even explain to anyone else what's so funny. Damn you all to hell. I'm off to change my underpants.

• @DirkVoorhoeve

First, It was April 1. Second, it sounds "It is not fools joke" not "It is not April fools joke", so it had a hint :-)

• I loved those two movies. Did you guys use SEDNA or CAKE to shoot it? Which lens? SLR magic 12mm? Did you use nostalgic profile?

It is not fools joke.

Integrity!? But well played by most of you guys. With 8 pages this was quite a show, has it gone viral?

• On the upside, Vitaly now has most (all?) suggestions in one place; an easy-to-get wish list.

• I simply cannot think of what you just pulled off without a massive grin spreading across my face. These types of jokes that go waaaay over the line and just piss off most people are the jokes I find the funniest. Hats off, sir (and I have many hats).