Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Samsung S22 Ultra charging speed issues
  • So upgraded to the Samsung S22 Ultra which does not come with a charger anymore, just USB-C cable.

Stupid me for thinking that USB-C PD is a totally compatible standard, so I got a 65 watt charger from Hama. Howeve, this 65 watt PD charger only charges the S22 Ultra phone with <18 watts. No other non genuine USB-C PD charger gives anything other than <18 watts either.

I also tried the USB-C PD port on my Ecoflow power pack: just 15 watts while the USB-A "fast charge" port gives 16 watts. On camping trips I mostly use the Ecoflow, so the fact that the USB-C PD port only manages 15 watts (and not the advertised 45 watt charging speed on the S22 Ultra is a real bummer).

Entering the Samsung genuine 25 watt USB-C power brick with my step-son uses: The S22 Ultra charges with "super fast" for the first time.

Is the genuine Samsung PD chargers (25/45 watt) the only one which works with the Samsung S22 phones?

What happened to the USB-C PD universal specs?

ep-ta800neu-001-dynamic-black-produktside-375px.png
    375 x 198 - 22K