Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
live signal from composite out - GH1
  • Hi, I own an old GH1. This can be hacked. I want to use it as an security camera (I work in the music busines and want to check what it going on on stage). I do not need to record or anything. I just want to send the live picture out of the composite out. I can not achive this. Is this possible?

Thanks for the help.

Best. F. Frank

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • @FFrank

Sell GH1 and get used body that has live output, it is plenty with not big price now.

Also note - modern security cameras are much better than GH1 in such intended purpose, and much cheaper.

Something like this - can check via smartphone, it can also send you notices on movement and also record to cloud. It has battery that runs for like half a day or even few days, as far as I understand it is main reason why you try to use GH1, or not?

sa17109.jpg
    512 x 614 - 26K
  • But if he wants to put a 600mm lenses so he can chekout from the distance his victims? M4/3 should be a good security camera!

Use the HDMI port and use a converter after, HDMI is life video feed if you put rec it would black out.