Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
I need a little equipment and gear shopping help in Shenzhen/Hong Kong, China!!!! Lanparte User!!!!
  • Hey gang! So I'm heading to China in a few days, Macau specifically, but I'm trying to arrange a day trip to Shenzhen and surrounding area when I land in Hong Kong. I'm documenting a high-wire artist with my 7D, 5D, a couple GoPros, and my fantastic Lanparte shoulder rig; Master Chief Edition;) and I'm in need of a few extra thing's. I could only find these things online by ebay retailer or directly from the company in China but it dawned on me that almost everything I want is created in a factory (or is distributed) in Shenzhen or somewhat near where I am staying. Lanparte, Cinematics, Chinavasion, Dengfu (that's for my triathlon bike), to name a few. Also, many of the ebay retailers I come across when ordering are located in Shenzhen or Hong Kong. I'm in the south of France for the moment and I'm severely isolated from anything remotely resembling a photography store, let alone anything this specific. I generally order all of my stuff online as it is and from what I hear, there's no way a package would get to me in time nor should I consider having anything sent to me in China. Instead, I'm hitting the pavement and attempting to buy what I need directly from the Chinese manufacturers and I'm coming to the site that has already brought me sooooo much fortune. I'm hoping I can find a little help, if not, just some leads to go on.

The list (just simplifying, not trying to sound condescending):

Lilliput 7" monitor w/Peaking and HDMI out, ebay retailer is located in Shenzhen, I'm going to email them.

V-Mount battery pinch w/battery and accessory cables/dummy battery. I sent an email to Lanparte but I've yet to hear back.

Video tripod/fluid head. The FC-04H Mod Fluid head + CT7402 legs would be ideal (I know, order one from PV deal but I didn't have the cash until now and like I said, getting something shipped to me in China is ill-advised), or something similar. I know that Weifeng is in Ningbo but perhaps they have a retailer in Hong Kong, this is what I'm trying to find out.

Lav Mic Fuzzy windscreens.

Honestly, anywhere that sells cheap lenses. I completely understand that I get what I pay for but judging by my Lanparte rig, China really is trying to break the stigma for poor quality.

Please let me know if you've got any answers/ideas/leads/thoughts.

Thanks and be well!

Jake Gilbert withallyourmight@gmail.com

• 1 Reply sorted by