Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
iPhone 13 2021 Lineup

sa15869.jpg
    774 x 255 - 42K
    sa18282.jpg
    800 x 455 - 42K
    sa18282.jpg
    800 x 455 - 42K
    sa18281.jpg
    800 x 606 - 54K
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • @PauloTeixeira

I really like to see all your videos with binaural sound, recorded using binaural microphones. It adds very much to such kind of videos.

• Stinks that my parade video never turned to HDR yet. Seams to be a bug affecting some 4K 60p files. Some will turn to HDR and some won’t. All of my 4K 30p HDR files will process to HDR like this video at the bottom for example.

4K ProRes HDR - Tree lighting Ceremony in Boston Massachusetts yesterday.

• 4K 60fps Dolby Vision HDR of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade yesterday. It’s still processing and so it’ll hopefully be in HDR by tomorrow.

• ProRes 422 HQ HDR recording on the Apple camera app have been available since the 15.1 update.

Was shooting a complication video with select clips and was going to include a few morning clips at the beach. I decided to put many of my beach clips in it’s own video for the heck of it. Was able to edit this on my iPhone using the LumaFusion app. Exported it to ProRes before uploading to YouTube. Wish I’d have downloaded this app earlier. The newest update of Premiere Pro has a brightness issue when exporting to ProRess 422 HQ if you don’t adjust a setting beforehand. With LumaFusion, the HDR output is fine without adjusting anything.

Luckily it shows up as HDR on YouTube right away unlike some of my other videos. I decided to contact YouTube partner support telling them that some of my previous videos never turned to HDR while others have. They looked into it and reprocessed the videos. They are all fixed now which is good.

• If you shoot in 4K 30p, you have the ability to switch between all rear cameras while recording. I read that it started with the 11 Pro. You'd think that with the 13 Pro Max being 2 generations ahead that it should do that with 4K 60p but unfortunately it doesn't (Bad enough that the phone can't shoot in 4K 120p yet when the GoPro Hero10 can). Another issue is that you hear the audio changing.

Here's a couple of sample videos I did showing off that feature.

• Cameras

sa18391.jpg
    800 x 439 - 37K
  • Videos of an auto show.

For the second video, I put the iPhone 13 Pro Max + Hohem iSteady X gimbal on a 30 foot telescopic carbon fiber mast pole and walked around with it. It was a bit windy and so theirs wobbling. If only the trees weren’t in the way. Couldn’t shoot it the way I wanted to. Both videos came straight from the phone without any editing.

Hopefully these turn to 4K 60fps HDR when YouTube finish processing them. My Boston night video never turned to HDR. That’s my second video this happened to. All my other iPhone 12 and 13 Pro Max videos turned turned to HDR regardless if the files came straight from the phone or edited using Smart Renderer 6. Seams like Google will sometimes skip videos when it come to giving them HDR. Ironically if you search for my Boston night video and choose HDR in the drop down menu, it shows up.

Recently some people had trouble uploading 4K 60p videos. They’d only go up to 360p. That seams fixed now.

• Video of some handheld clips I took at night with the iPhobe 13 Pro Max. Unfortunately it’s not in HDR yet since it’s still being processed. Hopefully that happens later today.

• Bloomberg Intelligence analyst John Butler said: “AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile launched generous iPhone 13 deals, marking an uptick in promotional activity that could crimp service prices and margin expansion in coming quarters but yield higher revenue and profit growth in the long term."

• Cinematic mode only works in 1080 P resolution. No cinematic in 4k

• Guided tour

• Cinematic mode

• Would have been nice to see 4K 120p video recording.