Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • But I'm using Smooth profile -2, -2, -2, -2 and -2, +2, -2, -2 this time.

Last night I shot all the profiles and don't want to do that again. :)

• *** NEWS *** The next setting under development will be called 'VY Canis Majoris' and utilise the best deblocking filtering we can get together with matrices like Sedna and Dark Matter.

In simple terms: Deblocking works quite literally as the name suggests by smoothing out the boxiness or blocking of each predicted macroblock edge. Smoothing the edges by utilising a range of values from -6 (least deblocking keeps more of the picture) to +6 (very smooth) a balance can be struck by working out a threshold value (another -6 to +6 range) where the deblocking kicks in and when it does - how much to deblock. This is known as a deblocking Loop Filter.

More info about this will be appearing in my Dummies Wiki to AVCHD.

• Just out there enjoyin' that orion!

I didn't post a vimeo link since they are starting to make HD videos look like mushy poo... too bad.

• Will be shooting a music video with hopefully Sedna B or C (prolly both, 2 gh2's >:) ). Will report with results!

• @driftwood, ah!! You just keep on giving!

• Jesus loves you. lol!

• @driftwood... YOU HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED YOUR BEER. Slow down. No seriously, thanks man. I fucking love that you do this even though you have a red scarlet on the way... fucking boss.

• @L1N3ARX, is Vimeo encode quality regressing vs. where it was previously? That's a shame if it's true...

• RED Scarlet with NO sidehandle means I have a bit more time to finish the GH2 work.

• @Driftwood, @Vitaliy. Thanks again to both of you for the hard work. If either one of you ever comes to Los Angeles, I would love to take you for some good Armenian kabobs and multiple pitchers of Whatney beer cooled with Sedna ice. Cheers.

• cheers @Zaven13 may take you up on that when I come over in Summer. :-)

• bloody hell Save comment is annoying sometimes!

• @oedipax, I don't want to make any unrelated posts and take this off topic but the original vimeo link is here.

Really looks bad I think in HD. Okay, sorry no more posts about this now hehe.

• @L1N3ARX yeah I am curious too – what is this quality regression you mention?

If it's like you say, I may have to look into that ExposureRoom for video hosting. I know at least one person on this site has been using it and it looked good. It would suck having to change though. :(

Edit: sorry, didn't see your post right above.

• @driftwood, I just ran a quick check of Sedna AQ1. Standard, Tungsten settings, ISO 160, 640, 1250. WTF! did you do! Maybe it's just me but man that looks fucking clean... Like I was using a different camera. Need to test more. Thank you!

• @proaudio4 Yip! Sure is cleaner. :-)

• I tested out Senda on C.. with the only lens I have tonight, a 14-45 in a dim room. The noise and color appears to be an improvement for this kind of lens. I'll be getting a 1.4 tomorrow so look forward to testing these out and find what works. Enjoy that beer, I might have to make run down to the corner store! ;)

• Sedna!!!!!

• @proaudio4. Which AQ1 setting did you use A, B or C?

• I used A, but will step to B once I determine if A passes overall tests.
    Sedna is right!.....

• The Senda AQ1 Pack has C, D, H. H is the highest and D the lowest.

• Senda?!!!! SEDNA its called Sedna! LOL ;-) Have I misspelt it somewhere? Each set.ini can be renamed by right-click RENAME e.g. seth.ini to seta.ini, etc... put it on any slot you like then restart ptools - viola! I should have done that but I got tired...

Well I'll leave you to it. Night all!

• Yes I agree Sedna C is creamy goodness. Also like STD -2,-1,-2,-2 with it. Buttoning on the colour change isn't as abrupt as before or am I kidding myself. There's still a change but nowhere near what I remember. Shooting with the Voigtlander 25mm .95 helps to take the edge off as it is such a fantastic lens. Haven't tried native Panny's but to be honest I am not a big fan of the over sharpness. Look too clean.

• Dropping Sedna footage from my trip to the beer shop aka 7/11 on to my computer now

• @driftwood Sedna!!!!! Well I laughed anyway. I can just see you sat infront of the 'puter shouting at the screen.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions