Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Z-CAM E2 cameras lineup production can suddenly stop
  • 64 Replies sorted by
  • Zhejiang Dahua Technology - 2nd largest security cameras manufacturer on the verge of collapse

Company will get $443 millions USD of government money but they can't help much, except to pay salary for people who will do nothing. Money will travel via intermediaries like China Mobile and Alibaba Group Holding.

Company is mostly focusing development on cameras made for tracking ordinary citizens where each camera is part of giant AI cloud that can track you in realtime using not only facial AI, but also walking recognition of items that belong to you. Cameras work in extreme close union with cell providers that send information about your name, home address and such.

Yet Sony and Samsung no longer can supply any sensors to company, HiSilicon do not have big stock of chips that had been core of company cameras and also around 60 of other chips and parts are no longer available.

Company need big amount of supplies for servicing and cameras replacement as lot of cameras are being destroyed by citizens in last months according to their service department.

Inside company ordinary workers are in panic, as big money are unable to solve any of the problems that company have, multiple intermediaries that company tried to use to get more chips and sensors stock also stopped working with company 2 days ago.

Hisilicon share is expected to drop to close to 0% already in Q4.

sa14637.jpg
    775 x 530 - 51K
  • Industry rumor, today source

Sony, Panasonic and Samsung can be ordered by next executive Trump order to stop sensors supply to ALL Chinese firms or their affiliates, order will part of the sanctions for the Chinese actions towards Uighurs.

Main goal will be to fully stop high quality security cameras production as well as stop smartphone manufacturing by Xiaomi and BBK brands (Oppo and Vivo).

Z-CAM could get another extreme blow here.

• But if Zcam move to USA, it’s ok lol

• @flash

First, they won't move anywhere. If they won't find solution fast it won't anything to move soon.

Second, main issue is in proprietary specific Chinese chips :-)

• It was a joke. But I feel that this economic war will end in war at all...

• Looking at B&H and Adorama

Z-CAM E2-M4 and Z CAM E2-F8 are only cameras in stock all else in on back order or not available.

• Another dealer sent message that most of Z-CAM E2 models are not available for order.

They had been offered to order only one expensive model (most probably F8)

• HiSilicon situation

Retail channel operators for Huawei's smartphones in China are hiking prices of the vendor's models powered by HiSilicon's Kirin chips that are expected to become obsolete in the wake of the US sanctions against the Chinese tech giant.

• Sample of advanced Chinese action cam that have same issue with availability (proven by manufacturer)

sa14774.jpg
    261 x 717 - 46K
  • Z-CAM and development of situation

Z-CAM cameras batch that they send before sanctions finally got to US. They smartly used limited batch of LSIs on more expensive models, so cheaper ones are out of stock.

Real wave must hit all distributors in all countries around November and early December as getting LSIs will become impossible. For now it is few poorer countries that have no stock according to messages I got.

• Dealer message

Situation slowly worsen, communication from Z-CAM become strange, sometimes they don't reply now.

• Yes it seems they are sneaking away...

• TSMC has since applied to the U.S. government for permission to continue to supply Huawei. According to recent report, TSMC recently got the nod to do business with Huawei. However, the approval restricts the business to “mature technology” only. This suggests that the license obtained by TSMC mainly covers products manufactured with mature technology.

The report does not specifically mention SoCs for mobile phones. Furthermore, the report did not also state what it means by “mature technology”. However, it is generally acceted that products above the 28nm node are mature. The likes of 16nm, 10nm, 7nm and the latest 5nm processes are advanced processes.

It is interesting, as Z-CAM LSI is just part or (reworked) Kirin processor I doubt that it is 28nm, more like 16-10nm. But not 7nm also.

It is also hard to say if HiSIlicone will be able to make even old 28nm chips, as some new issues can arise. Like shortage of engineers who leave in big amount for other companies.

• @Bob_Hawk

Look above - it is already introduced and we have this images here in BGH topic.

• I only stumbled upon rumors about it by chance our friend "storyboardcreativity" apparently didn't know either,

my linked german youtube video from Martin Krolop discusses the facts of the camera very neutrally, He has also been using the Zcam E2 for a long time ,see you on video. I'm looking forward to his review because he is always transparent and neutral

• if it is confirmed that the hardware of the GH5s works inside and that with MFt

the next variant will be the GH5S with original sensor

I am thrilled and happy that I have resisted the E2 until today,

1.) the design

2.) the performance of the GH5S

3.) Finally no 200 3dLut and umpteen additional programs to eliminate the defects of the cam

4.) finalya new victim for " Mr. Panasonic Hack Vitaly_Kiselev "

this will be my next cam I'm already starting to think about how to explain this to my wife ...

• TSMC stated that previous information about license to supply to Chinese manufacturers chips made using old tech is false.

Very bad for Z-CAM.

• Current googel search Sunday 18-10-2020 3pm 45 local time

in Germany after Zcam E2 there are 2 discount offers

Screenshot - Refubished for € 1,800.00 incl. VAT. Available for immediate delivery 2 days

When I use the link on the Zcam site I see the price € 2,149.00 VAT included from Authorized Dealer (Screenshot 2)

both screenshots within minutes................ Whoever had it in store tries to get rid of it

strange strange Helloween is getting closer or "panasonic lumix dc-bgh1 " its a nice Price

zcame2.JPG
    1287 x 766 - 120K
    Inkedzcame22_LI.jpg
    1330 x 684 - 828K
  • Media markt Germany, on the other hand, had great delivery times..............Those who don't have them in stock make them very expensive

InkedInkedzcame222_LI.jpg
    1382 x 882 - 1000K
  • @Bob_Hawk

Some of Z-CAM dealerships want to clear inventory to no longer be responsible for service and related things.

It will be fully visible in next 2 months.

• Actually, it is a pity that marketing froom Kinson is more important than developing the E2 to the end from Jason .

dealing with E1 users like me made me cautious.

The career of ZCAM--> Kinson and Jason and the timeline,

Started with Meitu bf1 -> Zcam E1 -> C1 --E2 --- final aktuuel Status is very interesting

The tracking was a big thing in 2018 ... until the Chinese state can start ... Cloud of many e2 with tracking.

since then the tracking has disappeared

• Huawei Technologies Co. quietly spent months racing to stockpile critical radio chips ahead of Trump administration sanctions, ensuring it can keep supplying Chinese carriers in their $170 billion rollout of 5G technology through at least 2021.

Partner Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. began ramping up output in late 2019 of Huawei’s 7-nanometer Tiangang communications chips, the most crucial element in 5G base stations, people familiar with the matter said. The Taiwanese contract manufacturer eventually shipped more than 2 million units at Huawei’s behest ahead of the sanctions cutoff last month, one of the people said, asking not be identified discussing internal matters.

Processors used in Z-CAM had been one of casualties, as Huawei demanded to supply only very limited number of chips, with 5G base station ones being top priority.

Now it is completely bad.