Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Settings (help)
  • I'm trying to determine the best settings and mode for the GH2. I've installed the 1.1 Firmware and the latest Driftwood Quantum X (v4 Orion) hack with no problems but I don't know how to get the best out of it.

• Should I shoot with the camera in Movie mode on the dial, or should I leave it in M?
    • If I leave it in Movie mode do I use HBR mode?
    • What should my shutter speed be at? I tried 50 and 100 and it's quite blurry, 500 seems better and 1,000 causes it to crash.
    • I'm getting really bad banding especially with lower (50,100) shutter speeds, is this to do with frame rate?
    • How is frame rate related to shutter speed, 60i? 24p? I'm not sure I understand it.

Thanks in advance for you help, even a link to learn more would be much appreciated!

Edit: I have an Extreme Pro 64GB SDXC Memory Card.

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in the same boat, I just got my GH2 today. Made a few videos stock, then updated with same quantum X orion as you. I don't understand what in camera settings to use. I bet this topic has been addressed, but the forums have grown so large that I can't find info on individual topics very easily. Also, my noobism is probably the main problem.

Thing is, I don't even see any options for changing between framerate settings. All I see is AVCHD 1080i, 720p, and motions jpeg. I was under the impression that this hack would inable more movie modes.

• oh boy, since I can see this being closed in the near future, try asking here http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/443/basic-and-beginner-questions#Item_768

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions