Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Sony IMX477 based Raspberry Pi Camera
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • The IMX477 spec sheet says that it can output 10 and 12 bit RAW video. I wonder whether this will be supported with this camera module and the Raspberry Pi?

• FREE PDF Raspberry Pi Camera Guide

Take pictures and shoot video with your Raspberry Pi. Connecting a High Quality Camera or Camera Module turns your favourite credit-card-sized computer into a powerful digital camera. Learn how to set up and control the camera to capture stills and video footage. Discover the numerous modes and effects available, and use the camera in a variety of exciting projects across 17 packed chapters:

Set up the new High Quality Camera, attach a lens, and start capturing stunning hi-res images

Take selfies and shoot stop-motion videos

Build a wildlife camera and also an underwater one

Make a smart door with a video doorbell

Set up a security camera to monitor your home

And much, much more!

https://magpi.raspberrypi.org/books/camera-guide

• wow....way too much coronashxt made me totally miss this. Now imagine if next, they make a 16mm version ! Then we won't need camera companies. Can you run a raspberry off a powerbank ? ...short answer " Yes, most (but not all!) USB power banks are capable of powering a Raspberry Pi, since they usually have an output voltage of 5 V. And yes, by using a (quite large) 50 Ah power bank, you can definitely expect your Pi to run for at least 24 h. See the long answer below for reasoning and further relevant aspects"

• You need 5V and a minimum of 3A to power the Raspberry Pi 4. Not many power banks do that. The Raspberry Pi 4 also needs cooling, since it heats up and throttles. Fans, heatsinks etc.

• So, here's my rig with a $25 CCTV C lens (Pixco 25mm C-Mount F1.4 C Mount):

And here are two test pictures (compressed for upload):

CA shows up, which is a (cheap) lens property. Time to mount a Zeiss..

New Camera a.jpg
    2042 x 3629 - 2M
    test2.jpg
    3042 x 2280 - 2M
    test1a.jpg
    3975 x 2980 - 2M