Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
past bored - experiment
  • So this was shot with quantum 9b, panny 20mm pancake, century optics 16:9 converter, ND filter, diopter, tripod, and a zoom H1 recorder. I learned alot in the process of making this, especially the importance of getting good sound. Next time I'm going to find a sound person. 9b held up great. I only had two problems. One was a clip that seems to have a skipped frame or two. I don't know how to explain it but it seems to speed up for just a fraction of a second...not a big deal it is barely noticeable. The second one was odd. I wanted to shoot at 720 60p for one shot, but could not get the camera to record for more than a second. It is odd because I've used 9b to shoot hours of sports and never had a problem...no errors...nothing. Maybe it is because the shot I was trying to get was kind of dark and I was using a higher ISO setting than I normally use for sports. Or maybe it was the combo of high ISO and the panny lens, which I never use for sports 60p. I don't know it was weird.

Anyway this is my first attempt at a narrative-ish kind of piece. Something other than sports, interviews, and test shots of trees. It was fun. I've learned all kinds of things on this forum that I used for this project...lighting, lenses, settings etc. Thanks Vitaliy, LPowell, Driftwood and everybody that makes this place so informative.