Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BlackMagic ATEM Mini Live and Mini Pro
  • 27 Replies sorted by
  • ^ That was the best I found of the influencer videos as well. He seemed to know some of what it was capable of and not just stating that it was so cool, switching back and forth between two angles a few times and saying this was "Going to be really useful!"

I have the ATEM Mini, I managed to snag one and used it earlier this week for our weekly show. Had absolutely abysmal audio sync issues using it. Audio and video sync going in and out of sync by around a second or more at some of the worst points. Others it is perfectly fine. In theory if it can work without the sync issues then its a big improvement over my previous setup of 4 ElGato Camlinks but as it stands it's not really usable for us.

Near the start it is essentially synced or good enough for a live stream. As the stream progresses the audio/video sync goes further and further out. ~43:43 ATEM Mini makes loud electronic distorted noise followed by loud ticking. By 1:00:00 the sync is back to good and remains for a bit. By 2:00:00 the audio and video are completely terribly out of sync.

Stream setup was our usual Panasonic G85 and G7, with my audio rack providing audio input through one of the ATEM Mini's line-in jacks and all that going into OBS. I've been streaming with this same system for a year now and the only thing different this week was swapping out the Camlinks and a Behringer UMC204HD audio interface for the ATEM Mini.

Oh also, the advanced chroma keyer in it works very nicely. In about a minute of fiddling I had it pulling a clean key of my wife in front of our pop up screen including retaining fine detail in her hair and individual strands sticking out over the key.

• @Firworks

Just return audio interface back. :-)

And search for same issue if it is common.

Considering keying, I am sure Andy won't be happy (you can check Andy Harris video on our channel including BF one), as he is doing keying in pro studio in 6K raw :-)

• First fast review made using it

• Tempted to get one myself, except it doesn't have a preview option, so you don't know for sure what you're cutting to

• It does have preview. It just doesn't have multiview. The HDMI output can be configured to be a zero latency pass-through of the 1st input, normal pass-through any of the other inputs, a preview output, or a duplicate of the program output.

• Yes, that is what I meant sorry, a multiview preview of everything

• I recently purchased the ATEM MINI, a FeelWorld T51-H Triple 5" 2 RU HDMI Rackmount monitor and a Thinlerain 15.6 inch 4K program monitor. Very impressed with the ATEM. The Triple 5" is really solid and looks to be a quality piece, and it solves the ATEM's lack of camera source monitoring. Compared to my old analog switchers that we used for many years, this total package, for the price, is amazing.

• Update and MINI Pro

I really do not know awhy you so much need encoder inside. May be to target gaming streamers?

• Features miniaturized control panel based design.
    • Supports connecting up to 4 cameras or computers.
    • USB output operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
    • Live streaming via Ethernet supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
    • Recording to USB flash disks in H.264 supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
    • Two stereo audio inputs for connecting desktop or lapel microphones.
    • Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
    • Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
    • Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
    • Includes ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
    • Multiview allows monitoring of all cameras on ATEM Mini Pro.
    • Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 bands EQ and more.
    • Supports remote HDMI control with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.

sa12678.jpg
    800 x 342 - 32K
    sa12679.jpg
    683 x 418 - 44K
  • I wish it would output 4k for the multi-view monitoring video out selection. If they added a 4k output then a quad camera view would also be useful. I imagine this will have to be another version fo the ATEM Mini and if they were to add these features a second 4k video out would be a plus as well, so that you could run one as the standard multi-view and one as a quad multi-view. Someday at least, there is bound to be a 4k version.

• @majoraxis

New such thing must support newest HDMI with 6K and 8K modes. As this is exactly place where big resolution video is usable, to make lot of virtual camera out of 1-2.

• I recently purchased the ATEM MINI, a FeelWorld T51-H Triple 5" 2 RU HDMI Rackmount monitor and a Thinlerain 15.6 inch 4K program monitor. Very impressed with the ATEM. The Triple 5" is really solid and looks to be a quality piece, and it solves the ATEM's lack of camera source monitoring. Compared to my old analog switchers that we used for many years, this total package, for the price, is amazing.

@calmist, what do you think of your rack unit monitors now that you've used them for a while? Am considering getting some chinese rack mount monitors for my production sound cart, but might go for not triple but dual monitors (Feelworld D71-H Dual 7 Inch 3RU):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000053293031.html?

• So far these are great monitors. The price you have listed for the 2 monitor unit is a great deal - much cheaper than other sellers. So is the triple monitor. These are heavy duty units.