Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Rumors from Adobe camp
  • Some rumors I heard from industry natives.

Adobe is having new record profits, yet management is in full swing to further reduce developers level and expenses.
    Adobe has constantly rising percentage of contractors and more and more work is being offshored into cheapest India, Easter Europe and similar firms.
    Sometimes for complex tech stuff they can change firm if it offers 10% less contract sum ruining 1-2 years of developers time and starting all other with developers who never even heard about video editor.
    Regular staff level also drops each year as new generations of developers come and it not many left who can tech new guys and pull them up, my source told that number of stupid errors that need to be fixed rose around 35% in just 2 years.

P.S. And btw expect new regular payments hike soon, I heard that one of their investors still not happy with their profits and talked about such rise soon.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • @kinvermark

I suggest to sometimes read EULA :-) You are never owning anything, it is also kind of rented to you on very limiter rights.

As for subscription - pointless updates and subscriptions are the real future of the industry. As even useful updates will be interesting to small part of the audience and you won't be able to keep same big number of developers (where 90% are young low qualification code monkey). Look at Microsoft you need extremely advanced software to just disable most tracking and forced updates. It'll be all same in all major editors soon. And want BM, they will follow.

So, as some mentally challenged guys ask me, why it is capitalism stuff at PV- it is around because it also visible to everyone in such things. Tens of thousands of developers doing pointless things like ads, tracking and fake security updates (for their own made holes).

• "Otherwise PV supports ALL none Adobe projects as much as we can."

YES !
    It is another reminder that subscription / rental / loans, etc. are all methods to increase price and remove more money from the pocket of the consumer. Ownership gives bargaining power.

• This will just speed up the rise of BMD's DaVinci Resolve,

It slowly turns out into monster, I had been told that number of code they add into project in few months equals number of code Edius adds in 2-3 years.

give a shot at other smaller players like MAGIX Vegas Pro and FXHOME HitFilm Pro to gain market share.

Both of them have extremely old and complicated code still :-)

Otherwise PV supports ALL none Adobe projects as much as we can.

• This will just speed up the rise of BMD's DaVinci Resolve, and give a shot at other smaller players like MAGIX Vegas Pro and FXHOME HitFilm Pro to gain market share.