Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Fotga A50TL and A50TLS 5" FHD Field Monitor with Touch Screen, 3D LUTS, HDMI and SDI

• 1920x1080 IPS panel with instant pinch touch zoom like on smartphones
    • 510 cd/m2
    • 1500:1
    • 3G SDI and 4K HDMI inputs/outputs.
    • USB port for firmware upgrade
    • Built-in audio input
    • Multiple connecting holes (1/4",3/8" ,M6 and cold shoe connector)
    • Lot of buttons and touchscreen
    • 5 build in LUTs and you can import extra 8 custom LUT files.
    • Dual battery compartment for NP-F NP-FM/QM batteries
    • Optional LP-E6 battery plate
    • Battery output to power your camera directly from monitor.
    • Features - Histogram / Audio Levels / False Colors / Peaking Focus Assist (Red, Green, Blue and white colors optional)/Zebra Exposure (1-100% adjustable)/Check Field.
    • Anamorphic Mode (2.35:1,1.33:1,)
    • Image Flip(vertically) / Image Freeze / Safety marker / Center Marker
    • Ratio marker (4:3,16:9,16:10,5:4,1.85:1,2.35:1)
    • $169-259 for https://www.amazon.com/DP500IIIS-Camera-Monitor-1920x1080-Battery/dp/B07M696RMX/

sa6792.jpg
    800 x 753 - 76K
    sa6793.jpg
    800 x 386 - 36K
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • @Flaaandeeers

There are lots of camera monitors to choose from.

Fotga has new models with high brightness : C50 - 2000 nits and E50 - 2500 nits. Same form factor and functionality So if you like A50 - my advice would be: get the new Fotga C50. It is in your price range and does make big difference when shooting in bright daylight conditions.

Worked with Atomos Ninja 5 (1000 nits), Feelworld F6 Plus (400 nits) and Fotga C50. And C50 is my favorite. Ninja V is also a recorder but if need only a monitor C50 for the price is a steal.

https://www.amazon.com/2000nit-Monitor-Daylight-Visible-Wavaform/dp/B08M9FCSGR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Fotga+C50&qid=1619964605&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1POCZTLJ8H9VM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVjgzV1ozVUwzNVQwJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTYyNzI4MjNaM0lKOFFXRVo0UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTE0NDc2MjBLNzVHTEkwM0NHSyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.fotga.com/product-category/monitor/

• @Flaaandeeers

It all depends, very hard to say.

Check Atomos monitors first, on used market and on sales, including older models.

• Hey. Is this still a viable alternative for a budget on-camera monitor? I'm looking for a 5 incher under $200/300 to use with Fujifilm cameras for run n gun projects. I was looking at this Fotga A50TL, Andycine A6 Plus V2 and Osee T5 (rebranded Swit). But lately also came across the new Lilliput T5 and Godox GM55. It's great having so many options, but also confusing... The Atomos Shinobi would be another alternative at the limit of by budget. What would you recommend? Thanks!

• Panel macro photo shows that it is IPS panel

sa7796.jpg
    800 x 584 - 187K
  • Thermals

All is quite nice for small powerful monitor.

sa7595.jpg
    638 x 476 - 42K
    sa7596.jpg
    634 x 469 - 48K
  • Wow, thank you for testing it!

• 4K 30fps lag measurement

sa7476.jpg
    800 x 562 - 38K
    sa7477.jpg
    800 x 560 - 38K
  • 1080p60 lag measurement

Around 50ms, 3 frames delay.

Due to chipsets Chinese monitors used it is never better than 3 frames, most are in 60-76ms range even.

sa7464.jpg
    800 x 556 - 42K
    sa7465.jpg
    800 x 571 - 42K
  • Would be very appreciated, thanks!

• @Jaunius

We'll try to measure soon.

Usually for similar Chinese monitors it is 60-75ms.

• Hi, I am really interested in this monitor, because there's no competition for the tls version in this price range, but there are no other reviews on it and I cant find any information about the input lag. How bad is it? It is basically the only thing that concerns me.

• @eatstoomuchjam...yes it looks quite nice. Saw it a few days ago. Sure it'll be a grand at least!

• @kurth I'm afraid that I'm about 6,000 miles away from my Ikan right now so I can't look, but I'm pretty sure that if you look closely, you'll see them. A better option would be the PortKeys EVF which they are announcing any day now. Tony Wang has been leaking info about it in the Z-Cam E2 group (and probably other places as well). It's a 0.71" 1080p OLED with HDMI and SDI inputs. Price to be announced next week.

• Gamut measurement

sa7407.jpg
    800 x 708 - 81K
  • @eatstoomuchjam....question porfavor....can you see the pixels on the ikan evf35 ? And is the peaking good...average ?

• @kurth That depends on the depth of field and what I'm shooting! Even with fairly shallow DOF, I've been able to pretty consistently hit focus. The monitor also has a zoomed mode which is useful for critical focus.

• @eatstoomuchjam that ikan is only 480p. They have a larger one based on their 5" 1080p monitor which is $600. Can you nail focus on 4k with 480p ?

• @Rekifilm: You could also go for an SDI to HDMI converter. There are a few neat / quite small ones from Atomos for example (which you can put inbetween the NP-F / Sony L type battery and the screen - The "Atomos S2H" for example). Sure - Its still a bit bigger than with internal SDI - But used you can get such an adapter / plug-on-converter quite cheap already (around 80 to 100$ quite often). And compared to the SDI version Fotga - The "A50TLS", the CM-55c + S2H converter would be just a few bucks more expensive (or maybe even AS expensive - But with more software features). LG

• @Tscheckoff thank you very much is very good also just that it has no sdi i want it with sdi but it is also a good option thanks to all the best for all

• @kurth You mean like the Ikan EVF35? It's a bit more than $200 ($320ish), but it's a tiny screen and comes with a loupe to make it an "EVF." I have one. It's not awesome, but it's totally usable.

• seems like fotga would be the chosen one to make a cheap loupe designed specifically. Grid's are nice but too expensive and accessibility limited. There's an informative video where a 5" was constructed...quite nicely. A package with loupe for $200 would sell like pancakes.

• @Tscheckoff

I'll post nice interview about Swit soon.

• @Rekifilm: Maybe also checko ut the SWIT CM-55c screen. Quite cheap and extremely feature packed (at a low price point): http://www.swit.cc/productshow.aspx?id=320