Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The 50 Dollar Follow Focus. Thoughts?
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • This would be a great device to use for Zoom, but as Follow Focus I don't think it offers the feeling of real follow focus unit with wheel ...

• @bostonmike I'll say. I just upgraded my pledge to the $75 banger since it's only $15 more than the $60. Plus there's more flexibility with having both the standard and larger band and pulley.

• Damn, for $50 even if it doesn't work right, I'll make it work!

• @Wiley really nice work (caveat being not ever having had one in my hands :))! think i may jump on board...

• Are you the proprietor @wileydavis? If so, what's the torque like on the lens when using the follow focus? Without a locking pin DSLRs can be a bit notorious for twisting. And, the GH2 mount isn't the sturdiest of chaps either. I was wondering if it exhibits any horizontal dragging in-frame.

• @RRRR what do you see as the design flaw.. given that this is obviously not aimed at pros...?

• Just so you know, they're not rubber bands at all. Not in any way elastic. They're kevlar-reinforced timing belts.

• They reached their goal of $10,000+ in one day. Was at $460 when I checked this morning, crazy. Anyways, I put in a pledge for the $60 version. If you want yours, you can still pledge at a few different levels. I'll let you guys know how it is when it comes in.

• I think the basic design in itself is a flaw, or at the very least a seriously under-developed decision, not to mention those ****"#")! rubber bands.

• I don't think anyone will have a proper idea how it stacks up until folk have got one. I can see plenty of flaws in the design, more to do with how it operates with a host of different lenses.

For 50 bucks though...it's possibly worth a punt. Like the $99 PV deal that we had a bit back. It's not an awesome piece of kit by any stretch of the imagination, but worth $99...you betcha!